Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3B Junior Arias

6 12.50%
  • RHP Andrew Brackman

5 10.42%
  • 1B/3B Sean Buckley

1 2.08%
  • RHP Alejandro Chacin

1 2.08%
  • RHP Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • RHP Tim Crabbe

8 16.67%
  • 2B Brandon Dailey

0 0%
  • LHP Amir Garrett

1 2.08%
  • UT Brodie Greene

3 6.25%
  • LHP Donnie Joseph

3 6.25%
  • RHP Josh Judy

2 4.17%
  • OF Denis Phipps

11 22.92%
  • rRHP Josh Smith

4 8.33%
  • OF Kyle Waldrop

1 2.08%
  • 2B Ryan Wright

2 4.17%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

#1 C Devin Mesoraco
    #2 SS Billy Hamilton
    #3 SS Zack Cozart
    #4 RHP Dan Corcino
    #5 RHP Robert Stephenson
    #6 1B Neftali Soto
    #7 OF Yorman Rodriguez
    #8 UT Todd Frazier
    #9 SS Didi Gregorius
    #10 2B Henry Rodriguez
    #11 LHP Tony Cingrani
    #12 OF Juan Duran
    #13 RHP Kyle Lotzkar
    #14 3B Gabriel Rosa
    #15 C Tucker Barnhart
    #16 3B David Vidal
    #17 RHP J.C. Sulbaran
    #18 OF Ryan LaMarre
    #19 1B Donald Lutz

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

Going with Crabbe (hopefully for the last time). I like his ability to add a third pitch and really put up some great numbers in Pensacola next year.

thread title says #20, poll says #19

Judy

He's ready now and has stats and stuff equal to Crabbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Judy

While Judy's stats are tremendous, he has only two starts in five minor league seasons neither of which occurred in the last two years.

While Crabbe may very well end up in the bullpen if he can't learn a third pitch, he was well above average in terms of ERA and peripherals in Bakersfield last year finishing the season in the rotation.

If Crabbe does end up in the bullpen, I agree Judy is the better prospect. If, however, Crabbe stays in the rotation, Crabbe is the better prospect. Since I have heard nothing about the Reds moving Crabbe to the bullpen, I will continue to believe he will pick up a third pitch, he will be a better prospect than Judy.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Judy

Judy can throw mid 90's with consistency?

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    thread title says #20, poll says #19
    Good catch.

I was so pleased to see Alejandro Chacin on the list that I went ahead and voted for him. It feels a little irresponsible, but he's actually my top guy at this point. He was brought to the States this year (from Venezuela, after dominating last year in the VSL) at age 17, and had his way. A .864 WHIP in 22 IP, with 34 K and only 7 BB. The sample is small, of course, and some will say that his stuff is a bit lacking, but the fact is, the kid was lights-out in a season during which he turned 18. And he was nearly as good in 2010.

On the subject of closers, can Drew Hayes be added soon? Thanks.

Also glad to see Brandon Dailey make an appearance. It's an interesting, crapshoot group we're choosing from now.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Judy can throw mid 90's with consistency?
    From Indians Insider:

Strengths & Opportunities: Judy is a big, physical pitcher at 6'4" 200 pounds who throws a fastball with great life that consistently sits at 92-94 MPH topping out as high as 96 MPH when he was in college. His plus fastball has good sinking action and has shown above average ability to get hitters to put the ball on the ground. He complements his fastball with a wicked slider and changeup. The slider is very good and has a nice sharp break to it and late movement and has the makings of a plus pitch for him. Hitters have a real hard time picking it up, and it is a swing-and-miss pitch for him. He used to throw a curveball as his third pitch, but it was tabled for the changeup. He does not use the changeup much in games, but has it in his arsenal to use from time to time.
    BTW, I saw Crabbe pitch in 2010 and he broke 93 once the entire game. Perhaps he found a couple more mph this season or he may have been tired, but mid-90s it wasn't.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

From Indians Insider:

BTW, I saw Crabbe pitch in 2010 and he broke 93 once the entire game. Perhaps he found a couple more mph this season or he may have been tired, but mid-90s it wasn't.
    While we aren't working with a ton of data, in his MLB time, Judy has an average fastball of 90.9 MPH and never once hit 95. Updated reports have him a tick lower than where he was throwing in college and is more of a low 90's guy now.

While I only have two reports on Crabbe for this season (new league, 2800 miles away, hardly any contacts out there), he was sitting 93-95 this season and touched 97.

Phipps here, then Villareal.

If the poll were to end now, I would do the runoff between Crabbe and Phipps. Anyone think Arias and Brackman should be included?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If the poll were to end now, I would do the runoff between Crabbe and Phipps. Anyone think Arias and Brackman should be included?
    Not me.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Depends on how the voting ends up. If it is one different like now, I would include Arias. However, I believe you can make the judgment call since you are putting all of this together...

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Depends on how the voting ends up. If it is one different like now, I would include Arias. However, I believe you can make the judgment call since you are putting all of this together...
    Phipps is starting to break away, so unless there's a tie, it's likely going to go to him. Honestly, I don't think the difference between #20 and #21 is important enough to stall the whole thing for a couple days, but if there's a dead-even tie tomorrow, I'll gladly start the runoff vote.

Turn Off Ads?