Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Yeah McGahee tore 3 ligaments in his knee.

Lattimore also broke his femur which is insane, the thigh bone is one of the toughest bones to break, and then he broke his knee cap and tore the 4th ligament in his knee. Total destruction in that area of the leg...anything that is there to hold that area of the leg together was torn or broken except for the skin.

You just hope he can recover to walk normally again. I don't really know what the expectations are after an injury like this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah McGahee tore 3 ligaments in his knee.

Lattimore also broke his femur which is insane, the thigh bone is one of the toughest bones to break, and then he broke his knee cap and tore the 4th ligament in his knee. Total destruction in that area of the leg...anything that is there to hold that area of the leg together was torn or broken except for the skin.

You just hope he can recover to walk normally again. I don't really know what the expectations are after an injury like this.
    I think he's got coaching in his sports future. It would be surprising if he ever competed on a high level again.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

There is some pretty serious chatter about Jay Jacobs being replaced with an interim AD (Scott Etheridge) @ Auburn as early as tomorrow which would flick the dominoes leading to Chizik's departure (maybe as early as this week?), an outcome that is all but certain now.

These are unusually specific details much like the stuff I was hearing during the Cam saga so I'm cautiously expecting a bit of an eventful week. At the very least these rumblings clearly signal that there are some serious conversations being had in the mansion on the corner of Samford and South College and the decision making process is already well underway.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Did anyone see the Sportscenter interview with Nick Saban? I only saw the visual of Nick in his wood paneled office, wearing his argyle sweater, and wearing loafers with no socks and high pants. It was an astounding visual.

He is the peer of Calipari as far as being on the top of his profession, but is the opposite in another way. Saban thinks he is cool but isn't and Cal think he isn't cool but he is.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Did anyone see the Sportscenter interview with Nick Saban? I only saw the visual of Nick in his wood paneled office, wearing his argyle sweater, and wearing loafers with no socks and high pants. It was an astounding visual.

He is the peer of Calipari as far as being on the top of his profession, but is the opposite in another way. Saban thinks he is cool but isn't and Cal think he isn't cool but he is.
    He looked creepy in that.

Word is we are shooting for Jimbo Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    You guys should shoot higher.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    I hope you hit him.

Auburn will be picking from some great names both for their AD and HC positions. Chizik will not be around any longer than Dec 1 and may be gone sooner depending upon how long it takes to get all the ducks in a row. His replacement will probably be hired by an interim AD and will likely have an established track record of winning a lot.

Jimbo Fisher? Maybe. Petrino? Right now, I'd be shocked by that.
    I think Auburn fans ought to relax and just be a little patient. This isn't going to require a lot of patience.

Les Miles giveth. Les Miles taketh away.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Maybe now we can stop hearing the idiocy that Alabama could beat an NFL team.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Your defense, especially in the second half, pretty much has throttled their offense (and QB) where they haven't down squat. McCarron was 1 of 7 for 0 yards in the second half. Then on the last drive, with about 1:30 minutes left, you basically loosen up your "grip" (pressure), have your secondary playing soft coverage, thinking the clock is Alabama's worst enemy right now? Then when they have moved down, well within FG range, they decide to blitz, played right into the screen play, and the rest is history.

IMO, this is on Les Miles. But I'm not a Les Miles fan.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I never seen Saban like that in the post game interview:

1. He looked proud
    2. He looked emotional
    3. He looked relieved.

That game is why College Football is the best TV show right now. It had a little bit of everything.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

NL Central champs
    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I never seen Saban like that in the post game interview:

1. He looked proud
    2. He looked emotional
    3. He looked relieved.

That game is why College Football is the best TV show right now. It had a little bit of everything.
    I thought Saban was outcoached last night. They abandoned the run too easily and they didn't make many adjustments at half time.

Bama played their worst game all year. McCarron wasn't very good and they had 2 fluke fumbles. LSU caught quite a few breaks, but Bama pulled out the win. LSU played a great game.
    Last edited by VottoFan54; 11-04-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I thought Saban was outcoached last night. They abandoned the run too easily and they didn't make many adjustments at half time.

Bama played their worst game all year. McCarron wasn't very good and they had 2 fluke fumbles. LSU caught quite a few breaks, but Bama pulled out the win. LSU played a great game.
    Didn't help that Mettenburger turned into Tom Brady. Teams that give Alabama problems are teams with a hot QB. LSU was also spliting a TE out wide and putting a WR in the slot. Safeties were covering WR's in zone.

I think the Texas AM game is going to be rough next week.

I want a Oregon vs Alabama NC Game.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?