Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5/22/07 Minors Updates

Re: 5/22/07 Minors Updates

Here it is, from May 16th and John Fay.

Majewski update

The Louisville Bats reinstated relief pitcher Gary Majewski from the temporarily inactive list Tuesday following the death of his sister.
    On Wednesday, the right-hander made his first appearance since May 1. He allowed one hit, walked one and struck out one over a scoreless inning.
    Majewski rejoined the team last week, but experienced a slight shoulder strain while throwing on the side.
    "He probably rushed it trying to come back," Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said. "It wasn't a DL situation. He's fine
    ."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

After Votto's 2-for-4 day, he is now hitting .299/.415/.474 - .889 OPS including a line of .408/.489/.605 in May. He's been incredible since his early struggles in May. The Reds need to call him up very soon, IMO.

I'd love to see Votto get a shot soon. I have a feeling we'll have to wait until July or August though.

Sarasota is up 3-0 after 2 innings.

Ondrusek: 2 Innings, 2 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 2 Ks
    Kainer is playing LF tonight and is 1 for 1 with a single.
    Szymanski is 1 for 1 with a 2 run triple.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

BJ Szymanski sighting: he rips a two-run triple to give Sarasota a 3-0 lead. Logan Ondrusek pitching for the S-Reds.

Ondrusek: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 5 GO/0 FO

I'm intrigued by Logan Ondrusek. He is a groundball pitcher that obviously keeps the ball in the yard (only one homerun allowed in 41.1 innings this year). At a 6'7" and 210 pounds, he has a projectible body that could allow him to add a few more mph to his fastball down the road.

Jay Bruce rips his 15th double of the year to drive in DeJesus, who singled to leadoff the inning. 4-0 Sarasota in the third inning. Jay is 1-for-2.

Kainer 1-2 now and lowers his average to .545.

Cut him.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    After Votto's 2-for-4 day, he is now hitting .299/.415/.474 - .889 OPS including a line of .408/.489/.605 in May. He's been incredible since his early struggles in May. The Reds need to call him up very soon, IMO.
    It would certainly make the Reds more interesting to watch and I'm sure he could put up comparable numbers to "conehat".
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    It would certainly make the Reds more interesting to watch and I'm sure he could put up comparable numbers to "conehat".
    Agreed, although the Reds have to move Hatteberg before they bring up Votto. Bringing up Joey and making Scott a wounded duck would diminsh whatever trade value he has right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Yup. I have plans to go to Cincy for the June 16th and 17th games against the Rangers next month. I'm hoping Votto will be up by then so that I can watch him play. If not by then, I have plans to go to a three game series in August. My hope is that Votto, Bailey, EdE, McBeth, Medlock, and Bray will all be up by then. Losing always sucks, but it's at least more enjoyable to watch when the young guys with big futures are playing.

Szymanski belts a 2-run HR to give Sarasota a 6-0 lead after 4. Szymanski is just a double and single short of the cycle.

Ondrusek: 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 6 GO/2 FO

Sean Watson is on the hill for the Dragons.

1 IP, 1 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 0 R

Stubbs reached on an error, and was CS for the 6th time.
    Turner 1-1
    Valaika 0-1

BJ's average flies up over 220

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Kainer 1-2 now and lowers his average to .545.

Cut him.
    They already cut him........ he brushed it off like a gnat !!!!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?