Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

The Michigan State job would be a clear step down from Indiana.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The Michigan State job would be a clear step down from Indiana.
    Good point.

Way to jinx Slick Rick with your avatar choice, BRM!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Way to jinx Slick Rick with your avatar choice, BRM!

I guess I need to change it now, huh?

This is somewhat old news but Malik Story has decided to transfer. I'm surprised it wasn't posted earlier. No real surprise though.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    This is somewhat old news but Malik Story has decided to transfer. I'm surprised it wasn't posted earlier. No real surprise though.
    Yeah, I saw that in the Star the other day. Like the article said, I think he realized it was going to be tough for him to get playing time next year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, I saw that in the Star the other day. Like the article said, I think he realized it was going to be tough for him to get playing time next year.
    There was talk about him wanting to be closer to home but I think PT was the primary reason.

He was third on my list of most likely to transfer behind VJ III and Williams. But as Jones got so much better at the end of the year, Williams is still ahead of Story on the depth chart, it's good to see neither of them are leaving.

Apparently Tom Crean helped Izzo with the game plan to beat U of L's press. This is from yesterday's Courier-Journal.

If U of L was a test, Izzo looked as if he'd spent all night with the teacher's manual. In fact, he had stayed up into the wee hours (Indiana coach Tom Crean, a veteran of some U of L battles, visited the team hotel Saturday night.) and came to yesterday's morning walk-through with a new game plan for attacking U of L's press.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Apparently Tom Crean helped Izzo with the game plan to beat U of L's press. This is from yesterday's Courier-Journal.
    That's really cool. Good to see coaches at that level who aren't afraid to ask for help, and coaches who aren't afraid to give help.

Jordan Hulls was named Indiana Mr. Basketball yesterday.

From Inside The Hall, after this past weekend's Derby Festival Classic.

Scouting Report: Maurice Creek

A trio of Hoosiers, Christian Watford, Jordan Hulls and Maurice Creek, participated in the Derby Festival Basketball Classic over the weekend. It was my first in-person look at Creek and the Hargrave Military Academy guard exhibited star potential

Creek absolutely lived up to the billing that he’s one of the top shooters in the 2009 class. In the 3-point shootout and in the shoot around on Thursday, he showed the capability of hitting shots from all angles. He’ll play big minutes early in Bloomington for this reason alone, but he’s much more than a shooter. He can also knock down the pull-up jump shot and get into the lane and finish.

He exhibited above average ball handling ability and told reporters that he’s comfortable at either guard position. After the game on Saturday, he commented that he wanted to smile and have fun because some say he’s often too serious. However, his business like approach at times is part of what makes him great. He’s not the type of kid that is going to do much, if any, jersey popping or chest pounding.

It was hard to judge him defensively during the game on Saturday, but in Friday’s 2-on-2 contest final, he more than held his own against a quick point guard in Eric Bledsoe. His length and athleticism give him the tools to become an outstanding defensive player.

The Bottom Line: It’s hard to imagine a scenario in which Creek’s name won’t be called out in the starting lineup come the season opener next fall. He’s a humble kid who seemed thrilled to be participating in the Derby Festival Classic. His answer to nearly every question he was asked started with getting teammates involved and having fun. His ability to play either guard spot will give the IU coaching staff another ball handling option along with Verdell Jones, Jeremiah Rivers and Hulls.

man, forgot how many Hoosiers are on this site (I am one too)

have to check back in this thread often

That's good to hear about Creek. I haven't seen much of him. I've seen Hulls (in person) a few times and saw quite a bit of video on him. My one concern with Hulls is that he might be a tad slow, but I think he'll be great at running an offense.

Terry Hutchens discusses Jordan Hulls.

How will the latest Indiana Mr. Basketball to attend IU do at the next level?

The list of Indianapolis Star Indiana Mr. Basketball's to attend Indiana University is a long one. In fact, when Bloomington South's Jordan Hulls was announced Sunday as the latest IU recruit to take home the honor, he became the 25th Mr. Basketball to attend IU.

Eleven of the previous 24 have gone on to earn All-American honors while at IU. Four have been Big Ten most valuable players.

But how will Hulls do at the next level? Most everyone seems to think he'll fit right in. Many think he'll eventually be the starting point guard for the Hoosiers as early as his freshman season. He'll certainly get every opportunity anyway. Jeremiah Rivers will give IU some veteran leadership at the position as a fourth-year junior and former part-time starter at Georgetown. But it will be difficult to keep Hulls out of the lineup. My guess is that he'll be a player who averages 20 minutes or more his freshman season and step in and make an immediate impact. In fact, I think you could say the same thing about at least three of his incoming freshman teammates when you add Maurice Creek, Christian Watford and Derek Elston to the conversation. I haven't seen Bawa Muniru play in person yet so I'll reserve my opinion there. I have seen Bobby Capobianco, and while I think he'll help, I don't see him as an immediate impact guy right away.
    He also lists the previous 24 Mr. Basketballs that attended IU and highlights how their careers panned out.

http://blogs.indystar.com/hoosiersinsider/

Turn Off Ads?