Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion

Reedy tweets that Hall is on crutches in the locker room.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Regardless of what happened, I was impressed with Dalton's poise and intelligence today. You can't blame him for those two interceptions.

Edit: Leon Hall out for the rest of the season
    Last edited by Ohayou; 11-13-2011 at 04:45 PM.

No moral victories for a team in our position, mainly because of how well we've played. But...we belonged. A few plays here or there and it's a different ballgame. We were without Leon Hall and AJ Green for most of the game and hung in there.

Dalton played well given the circumstances. His receivers didn't do him many favors.

We're gonna hang around. Call me crazy but I think today's game makes us better. Horrible news about Hall though, we need Adam Jones back ASAP.

Today was the first time I'm actually starting to believe in this team. I'm so incredibly skeptical that it will take a lot for me to a convert to this team, but I thought they showed a lot out there today. Like someone else said, going down 14-0 in the first quarter would have led to a total collapse in the past. Today, it didn't seem to phase them at all. I actually thought the Bengals were the better team on the field today.

And I'm even starting to jump fully on the Dalton bandwagon. I've only watched him a few times this year, but today I kept watching him thinking there's no way this is a rookie QB. It's not the team's record or his stats, it's the things he's doing cereberally that rookie QBs rarely do. He reads blitzes and makes quick passes for 5-7 yard gains. He throws the ball away rather than hold onto it. He makes a lot of really smart plays. Maybe he really is a reason to be optimistic about the future.

Maybe there is something to them getting rid of the problem children and it being addition by subtraction. This is clearly a different team from an attitudinal standpoint. But I still believe the biggest difference is the absence of Bratkowski. I think it's hard to underestimate how awful he was as a coordinator.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Bearcats and Buckeyes for college football and my high school alma mater lost to one of their biggest rivals in the football playoffs last night too. Horrible weekend for me.
    All horrible opponents huh? You mean WVU that actually WINS their BCS bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    All horrible opponents huh? You mean WVU that actually WINS their BCS bowl games?
    What do you call a team that lost to Syracuse by 26?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

This city is cursed. As good as we felt about our teams going into this weekend, they both lose, one loses its starting quarterback for the year and the other loses its best defensive back for the year and maybe its best receiver...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    What do you call a team that lost to Syracuse by 26?
    Again, how many BCS trophies does UC have?

Should we get out the tape measures?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Again, how many BCS trophies does UC have?
    Don't go looking for a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

She didn't say they were horrible opponents. You read it wrong.

All I can say is that I was going back and forth between the Browns-Rams and Bengals-Steelers games, and the Browns game, as usual, put me to sleep. Only the Browns could find a way to screw up a chip shot FG to win the game at the end. LOL

IMO, the Bengals are for real. The one play that really pee'd me off was when two Bengal defenders (Nelson and ?), obviously not realizing they were both on the same team, fought over a sure INT that didn't happen. I was cursing on that one.

But your team is fun to watch. Hall is probably gone for the season, and that's sad.

You got Baltimore this coming week who just got beat by the now 3-6 Seahawks (who lost to Cleveland 6-3). The Ravens are a Jekyll-Hyde team this years.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

1) This is a Bengals thread, not a WVU thread.
    2) Before starting an argument with someone, you may want to make sure what you're arguing about. Heather was not saying Pittsburgh or WVU are horrible teams. They're rivals and she, rightfully so, doesn't like them. For the Bengals and the Bearcats, it's horrible to lose to the Steelers and Mountaineers.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I'm pretty optimistic about the Bengals even after yesterday's loss. I thought they got beaten down pretty bad in the 1st half and were lucky to only be down 7, but they came out and played another solid 2nd half. I'm not used to halftime adjustments.

There were a few key plays that went the Steelers way that dictated the outcome. That stuff happens. I could see the Bengals winning their next game against them.

A couple of concerns are obviously Hall and Green. I think and hope Green will be ok soon. But, losing Hall, even though he stunk something fierce yesterday, will be a big blow. Hopefully, Adam "Don't call me Pacman" Jones can fill in without getting injured again.

Next week, I look forward to the Bengals bouncing back and beating the Ravens. That'd be great.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Bearcats and Buckeyes for college football and my high school alma mater lost to one of their biggest rivals in the football playoffs last night too. Horrible weekend for me.
    It was really a horrible weekend for Ohio teams in general when you think about it. The problem with football is that we have to wait a week before going at it again and try to erase this from our minds

Turn Off Ads?