Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

Whitworth has done a good job at left guard, its the guy playing to the right of him (Ghiaciuc) that needs to either improve a bunch or be replaced.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    No need to get angry, Bipster. We're having a discussion on Bengal football. Nobody should get to upset over a discussion such as this.

My opinion is that a guy like Steinbach was the difference between the Browns and Bengals and it's not that difficult to formulate this opinion. They barely lost to the Browns in Cleveland and they lost a few other games they very easily could have won. Especially when you consider that both Willie and Levi played hurt all year and the running game (as you said) struggled. One more dominant lineman gives them flexibility with those injuries and opens up the running game, which in turn, makes Carson not a sitting duck back there.

Beat Cleveland and Cleveland is 9-7 right there. Win one other game (which was easily possible consdiering they lost a few close ones) and the Bengals are 9-7.
    Im not even angry so i dont know what you are going for there but yea Steinbach was a good player but to say that the loss of him cost us 3 games alone is just silly. I dont care how easy you think it is to get to that its just very very silly. Your little equation is full of whaaa if you ask me. You need to explain it a little better or not many people are going to understand it

It seems a little silly to assume one offensive lineman can make a three win difference, but BuckeyeRedLeg is entitled to his opinion and lets just leave it at that...

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Im not even angry so i dont know what you are going for there but yea Steinbach was a good player but to say that the loss of him cost us 3 games alone is just silly. I dont care how easy you think it is to get to that its just very very silly. Your little equation is full of whaaa if you ask me. You need to explain it a little better or not many people are going to understand it
    Go back and read. I never said he cost us 3 games. I said it was the difference between the Bengals and the Browns. Three games.

And you do come off as angry. Of course, maybe not as much now that you have edited your post from "stupidest" to "confusing". Nice.

This little exchange is a perfect example of what people are talking about in the other thread, regarding the lack of a civil forum to discuss Bengal football. You appear to be pretty new around hear, but I'd like to remind you that a little civility is not only appreciated, but expected around here.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It seems a little silly to assume one offensive lineman can make a three win difference, but BuckeyeRedLeg is entitled to his opinion and lets just leave it at that...
    Never said that.

Go back and read. I never said he cost us 3 games. I said it was the difference between the Bengals and the Browns. Three games.

And you do come off as angry. Of course, maybe not as much now that you have edited your post from "stupidest" to "confusing". Nice.

This little exchange is a perfect example of what people are talking about in the other thread, regarding the lack of a civil forum to discuss Bengal football. You appear to be pretty new around hear, but I'd like to remind you that a little civility is not only appreciated, but expected around here.
    You some how tried to say that were wernt a 11-5 team because of him not being here then went on to say that hes the only reason the browns won 3 more games than us and that we would have been a 9-7 team if we beat the browns in Cleveland. Yea sorry if I had trouble understanding any part of what you were saying.

You some how tried to say that were wernt a 11-5 team because of him not being here then went on to say that hes the only reason the browns won 3 more games than us and that we would have been a 9-7 team if we beat the browns in Cleveland. Yea sorry if I had trouble understanding any part of what you were saying.
    Wait a second. You are having trouble understanding MY posts?

The irony in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I wouldn't trade him for a first round pick. While I don't agree with everything Chad does, I don't think he's responsible for all the selfishness/maturity issues often associated with the team.
    This is pretty well where I'm at too.

Chad doing and saying stupid things is a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. Put him in with the right coaches and team leaders and he's fine. Look at Randy Moss. Good teams don't let this stuff happen.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wait a second. You are having trouble understanding MY posts?

The irony in that.
    I'm just retyping pretty much exactly what you have been saying for the last 5 or so post so I guess the joke is on you. Remember be a little more civil isn't that your advice? Are you new here?

Never said that.
    Just beating the Browns in Cleveland is a two game swing. I think Steinbach was worth that and 1 more game.
    my bad- two games

I'm just retyping pretty much exactly what you have been saying for the last 5 or so post so I guess the joke is on you. Remember be a little more civil isn't that your advice? Are you new here?
    Right. Yes, you pretty much summed everything up right there.

Bipster, I can't help it if reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I will step aside from this conversation now. I see nothing positive that can come out of it. Good day.

You guys want to lighten up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Right. Yes, you pretty much summed everything up right there.

Bipster, I can't help it if reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I will step aside from this conversation now. I see nothing positive that can come out of it. Good day.
    Take cheap shots at me because you are the one having problems. Id step aside also if I was you. Im not the only one apparently that has understanding what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You guys want to lighten up?
    Hehehehehehehe... don't make Chip turn this thread around.

You guys argued for like two pages and I still can't quite figure out what you were arguing over...

Turn Off Ads?