Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I think they gotta take a long, hard look at Jim Caldwell in the post season.

I am not one to point fingers at the coach when things go south but let put it this way, if Caldwell was fired tomorrow would anyone in the NFL hire him?
    From an outsiders perspective, Caldwell should have never been hired. I think Dungy was a big fan and he maneuvered in such a way that Caldwell was the one to get a job. I think he often looks over matched on the sidelines.

A sign of a good coach is what happens when the team faces adversity. I would imagine its easy to be a coach with Manning on the sidelines. Its what happens when Peyton isn't that is more telling of a coaches ability.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    The guy who seems to be getting a free pass in all of this is Chris Polian, Bill's son and heir apparent. Over the past few seasons, Chris has been getting more and more input into the running of the team. And over the past few seasons, the Colts drafts have been going down the toilet. Coincidence???

Another thing: Have you noticed how the team's two best assistant coaches, Tom Moore and Howard Mudd, "retired" a couple of years ago, only to resurface a year later with another team? That tells me there's something toxic going on within the organization. And though I don't have any inside info, I'd take a good long hard look at Junior Polian as being the source of that toxicity.

For whatever reason, they've been left with one sorry set of assistant coaches. Other than maybe Teerlinck, there's not a one of them that would have a job on a really good staff.
    This is my point, ever since Bill has taken a step back the drafts have suffered. No GM is ever going to be 100% but Bill did a great job building the Colts.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Colts may have good LUCK soon!

Man that might open up a very uncomfortable situation with Manning, rumor has it he is adament that the Colts not draft Luck if they get the #1 pick.

What would u do, trade the pick or trade Manning and start the youth movement.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Man that might open up a very uncomfortable situation with Manning, rumor has it he is adament that the Colts not draft Luck if they get the #1 pick.

It's still real early but I'd draft Luck

I love Peyton but he has to realize it is more than obvious this franchise needs to start rebuilding. If Manning wasn't 35 then yes we might have another run or two left, but at his age and with the team being crap, it is time to start over.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I love Peyton but he has to realize it is more than obvious this franchise needs to start rebuilding. If Manning wasn't 35 then yes we might have another run or two left, but at his age and with the team being crap, it is time to start over.
    Not only is he 35 but he's had a bunch of surgeries and the best QB prospect in a decade is on the Board. To me the only way you don't take Luck is if you think he's overhyped, then you trade the pick but you still ought to pick one of the other QBs that fit your taste

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Not only is he 35 but he's had a bunch of surgeries and the best QB prospect in a decade is on the Board. To me the only way you don't take Luck is if you think he's overhyped, then you trade the pick but you still ought to pick one of the other QBs that fit your taste
    I hate to say it but I think Manning is done.

He is 35, 2 young kids, he has more money than he knows what to do with, he realizes he will likely never see another SB while in Indy and most important, I have heard rumors that doctors have told him while the risk is small, a good hit could paralyze him.

I'd quit in a heartbeat if that was the case.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I have heard rumors that doctors have told him while the risk is small, a good hit could paralyze him.

I'd quit in a heartbeat if that was the case.
    Couldn't that be said about any football player? All indications are that he wants to come back so if he was told that, it didn't affect his decision to return

That said, it doesn't look promising at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Couldn't that be said about any football player?
    But when you have had numerous neck surgeries that potential is much greater.

Unless he's told he can't play, I see no reason Peyton won't play again.

With that said, I would take Luck in a second too. To have the QB position most likely take care of for another 15+ years would be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post

Visions of Montana in KC dance in my head... and it makes me sad .
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would take Luck. Manning can do one of three things.... come back and play/mentor him, retire or ask to be traded.

You simply can't set your franchise back by not taking someone like Andrew Luck if you have the opportunity. I am a Bengals fan and I had a discussion the other day with a friend that is somehow the Bengals wound up with the chance to draft Luck, that I would absolutely, without question, take him. And I like Andy Dalton. You know who shouldn't draft Andrew Luck? The Packers. The Lions. Teams with sub 30 year old quarterbacks who are also elite.

Bob Kravitz pretty much confirmed that Chris Polian has forced out some of the scouts and coaches who help build the Colts. I have always thought it was strange that we never really heard about the younger Polian getting any interviews for GM jobs any where if he was such a hot commodity, although maybe he did and it was never reported.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Now Indy is in the driver seat in the Suck For Luck Race as Miami beats KC to leave Indy as the only winless team in football. I just wish Miami played Indy the final week of the year with the "loser" clinching the first draft pick. That would make GREAT tv .
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?