Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday, May 17, 2012, Minor-League Updates

Re: Friday, May 17, 2012, Minor-League Updates

My unsolicited Cingrani thought...I am puzzled why they haven't called him to AA, given that he is so completely destroying a hitters league at a slightly advanced age, and my off-the-cuff explanation?

They are shining him up to trade him a la Zach Stewart because they don't really believe in his long-term prospects as a starting pitcher as he moves up the ladder. So they leave him be to dominate and up his prospect status as a prelude to getting maximum value for him.

Just my random thought.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I believe you're absolutely correct. (Lutz is another who might also be dealt despite hitting very well and needing another challenge.)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    My unsolicited Cingrani thought...I am puzzled why they haven't called him to AA, given that he is so completely destroying a hitters league at a slightly advanced age, and my off-the-cuff explanation?

They are shining him up to trade him a la Zach Stewart because they don't really believe in his long-term prospects as a starting pitcher as he moves up the ladder. So they leave him be to dominate and up his prospect status as a prelude to getting maximum value for him.

Just my random thought.
    Could be. Also could be that they want him to work specifically with Rigo Beltran with a certain pitch. Right now, Cingrani needs to work with his secondary pitches. His fastball is outstanding and he can throw it just about anywhere he wants to. He can dominate with that pitch at this level almost without throwing anything else if he wanted to. His off speed pitches, he doesn't seem to trust that much even though they can be good. It will be interesting to see.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

0-for Billy last night. Lutz had a couple singles last night, including an RBI. Bowe with a couple singles as well last night, bringing his BA down to .563.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Vidal picked up his first AA hit yesterday. He is still just 1 for 16 with 7 K, but at least he saw some success last night.

Just my random thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Could be. Also could be that they want him to work specifically with Rigo Beltran with a certain pitch. Right now, Cingrani needs to work with his secondary pitches. His fastball is outstanding and he can throw it just about anywhere he wants to. He can dominate with that pitch at this level almost without throwing anything else if he wanted to. His off speed pitches, he doesn't seem to trust that much even though they can be good. It will be interesting to see.
    Maybe they just don't want to rush a promotion. He's only got 46 innings. The all-star game is June 19th. He could get up to 75 innings by then and be in AA the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Maybe they just don't want to rush a promotion. He's only got 46 innings. The all-star game is June 19th. He could get up to 75 innings by then and be in AA the rest of the year.
    Still advanced age-wise for his level. So, no, I don't agree a promotion now would be rushing things.

Still advanced age-wise for his level. So, no, I don't agree a promotion now would be rushing things.
    Cingrani was drafted out of college a little shy of his 22nd birthday- started him at Billings. Leake was drafted out of college a little shy of his 22nd birthday- started him out in the bigs. (did he do the Arizona Fall league?) If Cingrani is ready, move him up. If he needs to work on his secondary pitches, have him where ever is best to do that and move him faster later if he gets the advanced secondary stuff.

Turn Off Ads?