Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds are best team in baseball

Reds are best team in baseball

As of rignt now the Reds are the best team in all of baseball not just the NL.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/ind..._mlb_standings

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds are best team in baseball

not without Phillips and Votto

Reds have the best record in baseball. This post has nothing to do with how strong they are at this moment.

I love seeing the Reds win more often (much more often actually) than not. But while their record might be the best in baseball, how do they compare to the Angels, Rangers, or Yankees?

The Reds haven't allowed a "gimmie" against one good team this year. I think we have LAA and TEX beat on the mound. And as we all know, good pitching beats good hitting. Each of their bullpens are at the leage median while ours is the league's best. If and when we play them I think it'd be an even score until late into the game.

As for the Yankees, reference May 18-20 for my answer

I wouldn't put as best, especailly now with Votto still out for a couple of weeks and Brandon being out till maybe September, but even with that I would say to 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    The Reds haven't allowed a "gimmie" against one good team this year. I think we have LAA and TEX beat on the mound. And as we all know, good pitching beats good hitting.
    Yeesh, man, I guess you and I look at a potential LAA playoff rotation of Weaver/CJ Wilson/Greinke a little bit differently.

That's no disrespect to the Reds, but in a short series, I don't think there is a better rotation in baseball than what the Angels have cooking.

Certainly like our bullpen's chances, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    Yeesh, man, I guess you and I look at a potential LAA playoff rotation of Weaver/CJ Wilson/Greinke a little bit differently.

That's no disrespect to the Reds, but in a short series, I don't think there is a better rotation in baseball than what the Angels have cooking.

Without a doubt theyre good, I just think our boys can hang with theirs. Come late game and were tied or down by a few (or winning!) I like our chances.

If this team has proven anything, especially in the last 2 weeks, is that we can win as a team and not rely on a few bats, arms, or gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I wouldn't put as best, especailly now with Votto still out for a couple of weeks and Brandon being out till maybe September, but even with that I would say to 5-6.
    where do you come up w/ brandon being out till september?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post

LAA would be better off with Greinke/Haren/Weaver tbqh but either way that's not where the Reds' biggest strength is. They have a rotation that can probably challenge that one (Cueto/Latos/Bailey) when they are on, but it's the bullpen that is just easily the best in the MLB.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

The Reds have the most wins in MLB. I will celebrate that for now, but we are facing an uphill climb with some recent injuries - Votto and BP. Still, I have nothing but positives for the hard work the team has put in to this point and I think we may end up the best overall at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    where do you come up w/ brandon being out till september?
    It's Aug 1, I see him going on the 15 Day DL that puts it till Aug 16 and he only comes off then if he is 100% and I don't see that as I am willing to bet he did some decent damage to that knee. You could see in his tone, this is scaring him a bit thus I feel we are taking some serious damage here and he knows it.

It's Aug 1, I see him going on the 15 Day DL that puts it till Aug 16 and he only comes off then if he is 100% and I don't see that as I am willing to bet he did some decent damage to that knee. You could see in his tone, this is scaring him a bit thus I feel we are taking some serious damage here and he knows it.
    Most reports are that it's only going to be for a few days. I don't think it's anything to panic about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    Most reports are that it's only going to be for a few days. I don't think it's anything to panic about yet.
    Same reports that had Votto just missing a couple of games after he just "tweeked" his knee in SF and where are we now with him? All you have to do is read what Brandon himself said, you can tell this is just not a miss a game or so type of injury.

Same reports that had Votto just missing a couple of games after he just "tweeked" his knee in SF and where are we now with him? All you have to do is read what Brandon himself said, you can tell this is just not a miss a game or so type of injury.
    The difference is that Joey didn't rest after hurting his knee -- he kept playing and trying to push through it. He also has an insatiable appetite for working out, practice, and general baseball related training. He doesn't know how to take it easy. Also a calf strain is a bit different from a knee injury. I'm not really worried about it.

Turn Off Ads?