Turn Off Ads?

Thread: votto thread

votto thread

just thought it was amazing he has 36 doubles.

the leader is at 39

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: votto thread

Has anyone said when he is coming back? Last thing I heard was end of this month, but unless he is indeed 100%, and ESPECIALLY as long as we keep winning, I would make ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that he is indeed @ 100% before bringing him back. If that means waiting til some time in Sept. then that is fine by me.

But back to the OP's point, makes you wonder how many doubles he would have @ this point had he not gotten injured

He was taking ground balls at practice, Doing a little footwork... baby steps

Just a question, could this Reds team as is without Votto make it all the way to the world series? Win the world series? I think with our pitching and with Ludwick, Frazier and Bruce also picking it up a bit lately we would have a good chance. This is not a Joey Votto slam, he's my favorite Reds player!

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Just a question, could this Reds team as is without Votto make it all the way to the world series? Win the world series? I think with our pitching and with Ludwick, Frazier and Bruce also picking it up a bit lately we would have a good chance. This is not a Joey Votto slam, he's my favorite Reds player!
    I think the sample size is too small at this point. Yes, our offense has picked up since Votto went down, but then again we haven't play decent competition besides the Pirates since Votto went down. What I am afraid of is that this offense was putrid in the 5 game losing streak and that is very possible to repeat again without Votto. He is a guy who can pick this team up out of a slump like that one.

This week should be interesting since we play a still very good, but very underated Phillies team and the always dangerous Cardinals. And most likely without Votto. I think this week is a good test of what this team has the ability to do against decent competition without Votto.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I think the sample size is too small at this point. Yes, our offense has picked up since Votto went down, but then again we haven't play decent competition besides the Pirates since Votto went down. What I am afraid of is that this offense was putrid in the 5 game losing streak and that is very possible to repeat again without Votto. He is a guy who can pick this team up out of a slump like that one.

This week should be interesting since we play a still very good, but very underated Phillies team and the always dangerous Cardinals. And most likely without Votto. I think this week is a good test of what this team has the ability to do against decent competition without Votto.
    I agree, this week without Votto should be telling. I mean we were all ready for Votto's return and then the set back. Who knows for sure when he'll return. It would be nice to do well these next 7-10 games without Votto though.

Yeah. I will be happy once we get a the first hit against Halladay tonight. Last thing this team needs is to get no-hit by him again. That seems to be our team's weakness is getting shut down by a SP. Look at what Burnet did to us recently and the ensuing games (5 game losing streak) our offense was horrible.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

This week is a big test for a our team without Mr. Votto. We face 3 of the best pitchers of this era despite how their team is doing. Then we host those stupid red birds. Really looking forward to seeing how we do against these clubs!

Yes, I am still haunted by that ugly, ugly offensive performance in the 2010 playoff series with the Phillies.

imo i think the reds are playing well b/c they know votto is coming back.

i wonder if it would be different if they said he was out for the year.

maybe not but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post

maybe not but possible.
    That thought crossed my mind a while back as well. That's why I asked if the Reds could make it to the playoffs? World Series? All with the current team, If Votto for some reason was shut down for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post

maybe not but possible.
    This is an excellent point. The hope of reinforcements changes everything. For now the Reds need only "hold on" until Joey returns... if his return is nixed, the whole emotional dynamic changes.

During the Russian invasion of Finland in WWII, the initial Finnish defenders were told they only had to hold the Russians long enough for the "real" defensive line to be built. They were amazingly successful... but then it was leaked that they WERE the "real" defensive line... they then folded almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    This is an excellent point. The hope of reinforcements changes everything. For now the Reds need only "hold on" until Joey returns... if his return is nixed, the whole emotional dynamic changes.

During the Russian invasion of Finland in WWII, the initial Finnish defenders were told they only had to hold the Russians long enough for the "real" defensive line to be built. They were amazingly successful... but then it was leaked that they WERE the "real" defensive line... they then folded almost immediately.
    True, but still funny. So if Votto gets put on the shelf for the remainder of the season, we'll keep it from the rest of the team for as long as possible.

Turn Off Ads?