Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make Billy Hamilton Available...

Re: Make Billy Hamilton Available...

More patience is needed with Hamilton. Geez.
    He got about a 1/2 season at high A last year, then maybe 6-8 weeks or so at AA?
    The point is that Billy was promoted very aggressively.
    He got off to a very slow start at AAA but is improving.
    There's no way I give up on Billy at this point.
    Maybe Billy isn't ready until 2015. That's fine. It's not really fair to say that Billy is just a one dimensional player (speed). You got to give him time to adjust and develop.
    Guy was promoted to AAA and had to learn a new position. Plus he started switch hitting after he was drafted. That's a lot to learn. He's still young. Patience.

There's no way I'd do that proposed trade with the Phillies either.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    More patience is needed with Hamilton. Geez.
    He got about a 1/2 season at high A last year, then maybe 6-8 weeks or so at AA?
    The point is that Billy was promoted very aggressively.
    There's no way I give up on Billy at this point.
    Maybe Billy isn't ready until 2015. That's fine. It's not really fair to say that Billy is just a one dimensional player (speed). You got to give him time to adjust and develop.
    Guy was promoted to AAA and had to learn a new position. Plus he started switch hitting after he was drafted. That's a lot to learn. He's still young. Patience.

There's no way I'd do that proposed trade with the Phillies either.
    I wasn't insinuating that Hamilton's a bust, that's why I made a point to say " as of today ". What I was getting at was that his trade value probably isn't very high right now.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Exactly.. If he can't hit at the triple A level what makes us think he is a must keep prospect. We hold on to him and then he becomes a less productive Drew Stubbs with more speed and no power what so ever. In 3 years the screeches will be to deal him or demote him.. Just rather capitalize on the hype and get this team at least a pennant or a ring..

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=571740

Based on his last 10 games he's declining in average and improving on OBP...

Billy Hamilton, Daniel Corcino, Kyle Lotzkar, Neftali Soto, and Logan Ondrusek for Mark Trumbo and Ernesto Frieri. Book it

7. Likes:

Gunner44 (07-18-2013)

I would trade Hamilton if you have potential to land a very solid player in return, like Gordon, Rios, Trumbo, etc.

Last winter at the meetings, the Reds ABSOLUTELY should have traded :

Chapman
    B Hamilton
    Hanigan
    Corcino

Think of the package of prospects we could have acquired by dealing these 4, all had the highest trade value that they were going to have. We missed the boat. B Hamilton will NOT HIT, he is NOT an everyday MLB player.

I would have packaged Chapman and Hamilton and acquired a RH # 4, Stanton last year, but too late.

But, now I would call Detroit and offer Chapman and Corcino for Castellanos and Rondon.

Also, I would trade Soto, Lutz and B Hamilton for a few prospects. We need to operate like a small market team, we are not a WS team, wheeling and dealing need to start happening.

We MUST trade players when they reach trade value max, that is not happening. Chapman, Hamilton, Corcino and Hanigan should not be Reds.

Chapman, Hamilton, Soto, Corcino and Lutz

for Profar, M Perez, Olt and Scheppers

Agree with all but I am not ready to give up on Soto. Someone has to replace Frazier at 3rd and he is the only one who can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Agree with all but I am not ready to give up on Soto. Someone has to replace Frazier at 3rd and he is the only one who can do that.
    Thats just stupid. Soto cant play 3rd. Thats the reason he is playing 1st. And his offense isnt good enough to be an everday player at a corner spot.

in 884 PA's at AAA Soto has a .733 OPS i wouldnt field good with that unless he was a good defensive player at short or center field let alone 3rd base.

Re: Is there any realistic future for Billy Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Here is an article about Hamilton.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2...fense-slammed/
    Do you think that will he become another version of Drew Stubbs with no power?
    Sounds like an old quote from the beginning of the season, when he was OPSing around .450. If it is, shame on BP.

He's made major adjustments and improvements to his offense since then. I don't think anyone is saying that you can knock the bat out of his hands anymore. He actually has 5 homers this year. He's also extremely young for his league, so comments like that are just bad scouting.

Hamilton may end up being a bust, but it's way too early to say he will have zero to offer offensively.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Sounds like an old quote from the beginning of the season, when he was OPSing around .450. If it is, shame on BP.

He's made major adjustments and improvements to his offense since then. I don't think anyone is saying that you can knock the bat out of his hands anymore. He actually has 5 homers this year. He's also extremely young for his league, so comments like that are just bad scouting.

Hamilton may end up being a bust, but it's way too early to say he will have zero to offer offensively.
    It's a current article on BP, and I think it's a valid concern.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    It's a current article on BP, and I think it's a valid concern.
    I know it's a new article. But the quote seems word for word to be a quote a scout said about Hamilton at the beginning of the season, in May. Which would be very bad reporting on BP's part if it is. Or a scout is saying the same thing about Hamilton now that he said in May, which bad scouting, since Hamilton has shown strong improvement since then in the very areas he talked about.

Hamilton's progress is a concern, as is the case with every prospect, even those that put up good stats. But Hamilton no longer looks like pitchers can knock the bat out of his hands, so that specifically isn't a concern, anymore.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Why does someone have to replace Frazier at 3rd? I'd like to see Frazier hit better, but he's playing really good defense. You can't have all-stars at every position, no matter how much we want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Last winter at the meetings, the Reds ABSOLUTELY should have traded :

Chapman
    B Hamilton
    Hanigan
    Corcino

Think of the package of prospects we could have acquired by dealing these 4, all had the highest trade value that they were going to have. We missed the boat. B Hamilton will NOT HIT, he is NOT an everyday MLB player.

I would have packaged Chapman and Hamilton and acquired a RH # 4, Stanton last year, but too late.

But, now I would call Detroit and offer Chapman and Corcino for Castellanos and Rondon.

Also, I would trade Soto, Lutz and B Hamilton for a few prospects. We need to operate like a small market team, we are not a WS team, wheeling and dealing need to start happening.

We MUST trade players when they reach trade value max, that is not happening. Chapman, Hamilton, Corcino and Hanigan should not be Reds.

Chapman, Hamilton, Soto, Corcino and Lutz

for Profar, M Perez, Olt and Scheppers
    I know Profar is 20-years old. I know he's hit solidly in the minors. In the ML he's got a slightly better OBP than Cozart now...He also has 7 errors in 44 games splitting time between 2B, SS, & 3B, a solid .958 fielding percentage. He has committed 66 errors at SS in 304 minor league games. Cozart has 8 errors in 87 games...and a .977 fielding percentage. Cozart had 68 errors in 484 minor league games. This team is built to contend (which they are doing)...this is not the time to break in a SS who has consistently struggled to field the ball. The Rangers aren't even doing that since he's logged most of his time at SS. Give me defense at SS and keep Cozart down in the lineup.

Dooming a player at age 22 is just about the silliest thing you can do.

Turn Off Ads?