Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Football

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Big East Football

West Virginia isn't the only Big East football team with fans on RedsZone. I know there are some UofL fans, UC fans, and probably several others, too.

Is this the season the Big East finally wins some out of conference games? They are 3-0 after day one (I know, really 1-0, Murray and Central NC St shouldn't count).

Can anyone in the BE beat WVU? Can Rutgers win a conference game on the road? Is Syracuse going bowling again? Will USF (or as Joe Theisman called them, UCF) beat Notre Dame? Who will expose UConn? Without Wandstedt to screw up, will Pitt finally win all the games they should? Can UofL win 7 games again? Does UC even care about football?

Football season is here!!! WOOOHOOO!!!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Big East Football

Nice start for UC.

I think Pead and Collaros are going to have big years.

jredmo2

USF does, eventually, defeat Notre Dame. Afterward, Brian Kelly congratulates his eventual replacement on a well-coached game.

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    USF does, eventually, defeat Notre Dame. Afterward, Brian Kelly congratulates his eventual replacement on a well-coached game.
    If Skip's dumb enough to go to what has become a coaches' graveyard.

Only 2 conferences are undefeated in non-conference games. The Big East and the Big 12. It will be slow, but maybe...just maybe...national respect will start to come back to the Big East.

I have no idea what Tennessee is like this year, but I'll go ahead and make my homer prediction anyway.

UC - 38
    Tenn - 27

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Only 2 conferences are undefeated in non-conference games. The Big East and the Big 12. It will be slow, but maybe...just maybe...national respect will start to come back to the Big East.
    BE teams will not only have to beat teams in the regular season, but they'll need BCS bowl wins. Multiple years, in fact.

Then maybe they will win respect.

I'd bet the Big East falls apart before that happens. Heck, the NCAA may fall apart before that happens.

nvm

Tough week ahead for the Big East. Every opponent is undefeated, several are on the road. I like UC's chances at Tennessee. I'm not convinced UofL will beat FAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Tough week ahead for the Big East. Every opponent is undefeated, several are on the road. I like UC's chances at Tennessee. I'm not convinced UofL will beat FAU.
    I'm POSITIVE Louisville will not beat FAU this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm POSITIVE Louisville will not beat FAU this weekend.
    Oops, I'm not convinced Louisville will beat FIU this weekend.

Louisville didn't play well last week, but they should handle FIU. Charlie is a really good coach, IMO.

Coach Strong is excellent, and the Cards will improve week-to-week and season-to-season but this team is very young and inexperienced. FIU is senior-laden and picked to compete for the Sun Belt title, they beat North Texas by 35 last week. UofL hasn't shown it can score 35 at all. I'm not saying Louisville can't win, I'm just pointing out that this game isn't a walk-over. FIU is much better than Murray St. That said, Go Cards, Go Big East!

I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet, but here is an article about UC and the Big East written by someone in Knoxville. He is not a fan of UC or the Big East to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet, but here is an article about UC and the Big East written by someone in Knoxville. He is not a fan of UC or the Big East to say the least.
    Classy.

Three Tennessee coaches over the last three years have produced records of 5-7, 7-6, 6-7.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?