Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ESPN3 available on Time Warner, coming to Xbox Live

ESPN3 available on Time Warner, coming to Xbox Live

Is anyone else geared up about ESPN3 being made available to Time Warner Customers? What about it coming to Xbox Live? I just got it through Time Warner on my computer. I'm really kind of geeking out about it because of all the times I've seen something that was supposed to be on ESPN end up being on ESPN360/ESPN3. It's been a source of frustration. Now, not only do I have it on my computer, but I find out I'll soon have it on my TV as well through XBox Live. Anyone have experience with it. I'm hoping the resolution is pretty good on Xbox Live.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN3 available on Time Warner, coming to Xbox Live

Is anyone else geared up about ESPN3 being made available to Time Warner Customers?
    YES, Thanks for letting me know. Just hope there aren't a ton of problems with it.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I know I am the rare person that doesn't have cable, but I do have high-speed internet through Time Warner. Be aware that you cannot access ESPN3 with Time Warner internet unless you get ESPN through Time Warner cable.
    I was sorely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I'm hoping the resolution is pretty good on Xbox Live.
    Everything I've heard is that it's all in HD over XBL
    Let's make some noise!

I love it so far. My parents have had it for a while and it is really fantastic for watching college and international sports you couldn't otherwise view.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    I know I am the rare person that doesn't have cable, but I do have high-speed internet through Time Warner. Be aware that you cannot access ESPN3 with Time Warner internet unless you get ESPN through Time Warner cable.
    I was sorely disappointed.
    That's me too. Funny thing--a month or so ago (when they announced the availability for TWC), it worked for a couple of days. I believe it was the UC / NC State game I watched on there. It was very good quality on my 22" tv. Too bad they require a cable plan...

They've added it to XBox Live now, but I can't get ESPN3 because it doesn't recognize my ISP through XBox Live. Of course then it installs a non ESPN3 version of ESPN live. I suspect that since TWC requires you to be a cable tv subscriber with ESPN and has you sign on through them to access ESPN3, it's going to be a major headache getting ESPN3 through XBox Live. It's never a simple solution with TWC.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?