Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    The Reds players told a Cincinnati reporter that Carpenter said "F___ You" to Dusty. And yes, it is completely out of line to accuse someone of racism because of a baseball fight.
    I haven't seen this report of what was said then could you send me or post the link. Like I said, I don't believe it was racial or racially motivated. All I said that was until there is a clear report of what was really said, it is not out of line for some people to believe that it could be a possibility that something racial was said. The keyword is a possibility, I am not supporting making the uninformed accusation that it was racial, I am simply starting that some people may think it was one of many possibilities to set off the kind of reaction it did.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by PujolsMVP View Post
    How would you have felt if Cueto pulled out a knife and started swinging violently at others? Because that's exactly what he did!
    Cleats are dangerous but you lose all credibility IMO when you equate them directly with pulling out a knife and taking wild swings at people. Cueto was afraid of getting hurt and he reacted violently. It is suspension worthy without question but to sit there and say it is "exactly the same" as pulling out a knife and trying to kill people?

Come on. :thumbdown
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Bottom line is that no matter what side you're on, the the Commissioners office has ruled and that's that. It's about time everyone agreed to disagree and went on their way. Bottom line is that if Brandon would have stayed quiet, it may not have happened. If Carpenter would have kept his mouth shut, the second part of the melee may not have happened. Both were unprofessional. Sports are passionate, things get said without thinking sometimes.

I still don't think Cueto intentionally meant to hurt anyone. If I would have been put into the same situation as he was, you bet your butt I'd have been punching, kicking, biting, whatever it took to get out of there in one piece. But it's not for us to decide, the official verdict has been handed and we need to accept it.
    Last edited by foxfire123; 08-12-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spellcheck!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I am simply starting that some people may think it was one of many possibilities to set off the kind of reaction it did.
    If you want to know what set off the kind of reaction it did, maybe you should start here:

"I'd play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals. All they do is ***** and moan about everything, all of them, they're little *****es, all of 'em. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals."

Sham

[QUOTE=PujolsMVP;2205876]

He could have killed LaRue or Carpenter for God's sake! /QUOTE]

No offense, but are you gay and/or a woman?

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Sham View Post
    No offense, but are you gay and/or a woman?
    His post was ridiculous but this response is no better. Probably worse.

Saying "No offense" doesn't make a difference.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    If I would have been put into the same situation as he did, you bet your butt I'd have been punching, kicking, biting, whatever it took to get out of there in one piece. But it's not for us to decide, the official verdict has been handed and we need to accept it.
    Watch the video. Carpenter was in that same situation before Cueto was and he simply worked his way out of it without kicking someone with his cleats. If anyone is a little *****, it's Cueto!

Quote Originally Posted by PujolsMVP View Post
    Watch the video. Carpenter was in that same situation before Cueto was and he simply worked his way out of it without kicking someone with his cleats. If anyone is a little *****, it's Cueto!
    Agree to disagree and be done with it please.

Sham

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    His post was ridiculous but this response is no better. Probably worse.

Saying "No offense" doesn't make a difference.
    Why are you inferring anything negative here? Is there something wrong with being gay and or a woman?

The Buckeye Bomber

Why are you inferring anything negative here? Is there something wrong with being gay and or a woman?
    Oh come on. If you weren't trying to imply something negative about one or the other, you would not have asked the question.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being either. Or both, for that matter.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Sham

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    Oh come on. If you weren't trying to imply something negative about one or the other, you would not have asked the question.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being either. Or both, for that matter.
    I wasn't implying anything negative, I'm not sure why you would think I was. I personally don't have a problem with women or gays. I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I haven't seen this report of what was said then could you send me or post the link. Like I said, I don't believe it was racial or racially motivated. All I said that was until there is a clear report of what was really said, it is not out of line for some people to believe that it could be a possibility that something racial was said. The keyword is a possibility, I am not supporting making the uninformed accusation that it was racial, I am simply starting that some people may think it was one of many possibilities to set off the kind of reaction it did.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ardinals-brawl

Carpenter didn’t tell the St. Louis writers exactly what he had said to Baker that stirred up the swarm, but the report from the Reds clubhouse was that it was a declarative two-word phrase that is the ultimate American pejorative, known in boardrooms and barnyards and ball diamonds from Boston to Bakersfield.
    It's foolish to even bring up the possibility of racism in that situation. Claims of racism shouldn't be thrown around just because guys of different races are arguing.

I wasn't implying anything negative, I'm not sure why you would think I was. I personally don't have a problem with women or gays. I was just curious.
    Lol you were trying to insult him. No one here is stupid enough to believe otherwise

Sham

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    Lol you were trying to insult him. No one here is stupid enough to believe otherwise
    Really how is that an insult. Do you think women and gays are stupid?

Enough guys. Let's act like civilized adults here.

I'm shutting it down.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?