Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buckeye Basketball

Re: Buckeye Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    There was an article a couple of years ago about bench depth in the NCAA tournament. IIRC it mentioned that it is somewhat over rated and mentioned the fact that the TV TO's in the tourney are longer than those in the regular season. It allows players to get more rest than during the season.

OSU's lack of depth can be a good thing because they won't have to give minutes to poor players. Its all about match ups, and if OSU gets a good draw, hopefully they can skate buy until the sweet 16. If they draw an up and down, pressing, up tempo team they may be in trouble in the 2nd game.
    Good points. They better not get into foul trouble either. If I'm playing against OSU, I'm going after Turner early trying to get him to pick up a couple quick cheapies...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Good points. They better not get into foul trouble either. If I'm playing against OSU, I'm going after Turner early trying to get him to pick up a couple quick cheapies...
    I hate zones with a passion. But I think the zone allows Turner to stay away from cheap fouls. It also helps that everyone in their starting lineup is 6'5" or above and are good are rebounding from their positions.

Can not believe Turner just did that. Just one upped Da'Sean Butler.

I never thought that this one would be this close

Turner buzzer beater seals the win

Player of the Year Evan Turner had the answer and shot off the game winning three pointer with .2 seconds left to send the Buckeyes to the Big Ten semis 69-68.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...vals&type=lgns
    Turner's half-court buzzer-beater breaks Michigan's heart
    Evan Turner drained a 37-footer at the buzzer to give No. 5 Ohio State a 69-68 win over Michigan on Friday in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/E...ichigan-031210
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 03-12-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Can not believe Turner just did that. Just one upped Da'Sean Butler.
    I missed the game, but just saw the shot, WOW!!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Last edited by Spring~Fields; 03-12-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    Basketball wise, that has to be the best moment in OSU-MICHIGAN history.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Another tough win today, hoping for a one seed and an easy weekend next week now, they are going to be tired.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Another tough win today, hoping for a one seed and an easy weekend next week now, they are going to be tired.
    I did not realize until reading about what people were saying regarding "depth" or a lack of it in Ohio States case, I think what you are pointing to is showing.

I'm still not too sure about this whole #1 seed discussion. OSU's RPI going into the weekend was 29 and I'm yet to find a team with an RPI ranking any worse than 7th getting a 1 seed. Also, I don't think it will improve too much with wins over Michigan, Illinois, and potentially Minnesota. In fact, they are behind MSU, Purdue and Wisconsin in the conference.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

OSU will be a #2 seed now that Duke has made the ACC tourney championship. The only chance OSU could get a #1 was if Duke lost before the championship game. I just hope they end up with the Friday/Sunday games to get an extra days rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    OSU will be a #2 seed now that Duke has made the ACC tourney championship. The only chance OSU could get a #1 was if Duke lost before the championship game. I just hope they end up with the Friday/Sunday games to get an extra days rest.
    The guys on ESPN radio this morning were giving the nod to tOSU over Syracuse for the last #1. The argument was that you can't back into a #1 seed, with two straight losses. It really wouldn't matter because the pairing of Ohio State/Syracuse will be the lowest one, and the highest two, should tOSU win today. So they will be in the same region anyway.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

3:30pm est. today on CBS.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Why does Ed Hightower have to be the ref in every OSU game. He has to be the worst official in all sports.

Ohio State looking tired so far today.

Agree on the Hightower part. I bet that guy blows his whistle at the hotel during breakfast.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?