Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Police Women of Cincinnati

Re: Real Police Women of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Well, I don't generally speed either and there's not much concern on my part for unmarked police cars. However, entering my home without due process is another matter, entirely.
    J. Edgar Hoover says hello.
    You should be concerned about unmarked police cars. It's not that hard for the general public to pick up a used police interceptor with the lightbar and markings removed at auction. Imagine driving down a country road, alone and late at night, and someone pulls up beside you in an unmarked car claiming to be a police officer. Can you be certain that person is a police officer? Maybe it's someone pretending to be a police officer in order to rob you. If you're a woman or a teen, it could be a sexual predator. You don't know. The only way you can be certain that the person pulling you over is a law enforcement officer is that they are wearing the uniform of the day for their department, driving a clearly marked police cruiser with a lightbar on top.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    You should be concerned about unmarked police cars. It's not that hard for the general public to pick up a used police interceptor with the lightbar and markings removed at auction. Imagine driving down a country road, alone and late at night, and someone pulls up beside you in an unmarked car claiming to be a police officer. Can you be certain that person is a police officer? Maybe it's someone pretending to be a police officer in order to rob you. If you're a woman or a teen, it could be a sexual predator. You don't know. The only way you can be certain that the person pulling you over is a law enforcement officer is that they are wearing the uniform of the day for their department, driving a clearly marked police cruiser with a lightbar on top.
    Great point. I am on-board with this.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Safer for police too -- I know for a fact I'd be on a lot higher alert if I were pulled by an unmarked police car. With concealed carry laws allowing citizens to have firearms and other weapons (pepper spray, etc.) in their cars, I'm sure the LAST thing police want is you being uncertain of who they are when they approach the vehicle.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Safer for police too -- I know for a fact I'd be on a lot higher alert if I were pulled by an unmarked police car. With concealed carry laws allowing citizens to have firearms and other weapons (pepper spray, etc.) in their cars, I'm sure the LAST thing police want is you being uncertain of who they are when they approach the vehicle.
    Exactly.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

OK- I was only thinking in terms of sneak up police cars, but if we're talking about people impersonating police officers, I'm down with that. I'm also a former first responder who can spot a fake cop a mile away. Comes from encountering a fair number of wannabes.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Legends Never Die

She at least was wearing her badge and showed it to the gentlemen before stopping them and was wearing her police issued vest that said Cincinnati police on it.

As far as unmarked cars always be leary of mustangs in Indiana. When I was heading to the Brickyard 400 last year I was pulled over by a red gt mustang with white stripes. Had the built in light bar in the windshield. After explaining that it was illegal in Ohio to be pulled over by an unmarked car I asked for forgiveness in not knowing he was a cop. He then said "that is the point here is your ticket..." And I saw about 20 or so more cars pulled over on the way most from Ohio all different color mustangs so every mustang I saw in Indy on the way home I just slowed down.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    She at least was wearing her badge and showed it to the gentlemen before stopping them and was wearing her police issued vest that said Cincinnati police on it.

As far as unmarked cars always be leary of mustangs in Indiana. When I was heading to the Brickyard 400 last year I was pulled over by a red gt mustang with white stripes. Had the built in light bar in the windshield. After explaining that it was illegal in Ohio to be pulled over by an unmarked car I asked for forgiveness in not knowing he was a cop. He then said "that is the point here is your ticket..." And I saw about 20 or so more cars pulled over on the way most from Ohio all different color mustangs so every mustang I saw in Indy on the way home I just slowed down.
    The speed limit is 70- that's 15mph higher than it was when I got my license. Do we really need to go any faster than 70?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Legends Never Die

The speed limit is 70- that's 15mph higher than it was when I got my license. Do we really need to go any faster than 70?
    I was following traffic when I got pulled over and traffic was doing 80. And realistically on highways its safer to go faster if everyone does it because it spaces cars out more generally speaking. Plus you are more focused at a faster rate of speed and most accidents on the highway happen at slower speeds during stop and go scenarios because people lose focus. I am not saying throw out speed limits but 80 would be perfect. Most cars running 4 cylinder engines now the way their rpms work they get better milage right around 75-80 mph. So there is a case for higher speed limits.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

I just wish Ohio would catch up to Indiana's 70mph speed limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I just wish Ohio would catch up to Indiana's 70mph speed limits.
    No kidding Michigan is that same way it is very frustrating

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    I was following traffic when I got pulled over and traffic was doing 80. And realistically on highways its safer to go faster if everyone does it because it spaces cars out more generally speaking. Plus you are more focused at a faster rate of speed and most accidents on the highway happen at slower speeds during stop and go scenarios because people lose focus. I am not saying throw out speed limits but 80 would be perfect. Most cars running 4 cylinder engines now the way their rpms work they get better milage right around 75-80 mph. So there is a case for higher speed limits.
    My car won't go 80..... :thumbdown

Depends on things like road conditions, weather and flow of traffic. Staying alert and staying with the flow of traffic are some of the best ways I've heard of avoiding accidents. Of course, I would still avoid going 10 mph over the speed limit. Higher fines and points on your license can occur at those speeds.

I often have folks nearly run me off the road for driving "too slow." I'm no speed demon but I don't drive like a scared beginner, either. I figure all those lanes on the left of me are there for a reason; if folks tailgating me want to pay my fine for speeding and/or my medical bills, they can do so. Otherwise they can feel free to pass me. Maybe I'm old before my time but I just don't see where most folks are going that is important enough to endanger their life and the lives of others.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I often have folks nearly run me off the road for driving "too slow." I'm no speed demon but I don't drive like a scared beginner, either. I figure all those lanes on the left of me are there for a reason; if folks tailgating me want to pay my fine for speeding and/or my medical bills, they can do so. Otherwise they can feel free to pass me. Maybe I'm old before my time but I just don't see where most folks are going that is important enough to endanger their life and the lives of others.
    That is a very good point people drive like idiots a lot of time and in a hurried way with no care for what others are doing. That however is not how I drive sure I drive fast but if I am passing I always am in the left lane if there is someone in front of me in the left lane I slow down and wait to pass. I never tailgate, always wear my seat belt, and never do more than ten over regardless of the area I usually try to keep it to about 5-9 mph over. And I never speed when the traffic is stop and go I am not one of those idiots that try to weave in and out when the traffic slows down. So you can speed without being a punk while driving.

That is a very good point people drive like idiots a lot of time and in a hurried way with no care for what others are doing. That however is not how I drive sure I drive fast but if I am passing I always am in the left lane if there is someone in front of me in the left lane I slow down and wait to pass. I never tailgate, always wear my seat belt, and never do more than ten over regardless of the area I usually try to keep it to about 5-9 mph over. And I never speed when the traffic is stop and go I am not one of those idiots that try to weave in and out when the traffic slows down. So you can speed without being a punk while driving.
    Lol, CM, you should write a book- "The Art of Speeding Properly." I see a bestseller in your future...

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?