Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why isn't Brandon on the DL?

Why isn't Brandon on the DL?

Dusty made this comment last night after the game, so my question is why isn't Brandon on the DL?

“If I don’t start Mesoraco, if Brandon hits it on the ground, it’s a double play because of Brandon’s leg,” Baker said. “You’re between a rock and a hard place. You hope he puts it in play.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Why isn't Brandon on the DL?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Dusty made this comment last night after the game, so my question is why isn't Brandon on the DL?

“If I don’t start Mesoraco, if Brandon hits it on the ground, it’s a double play because of Brandon’s leg,” Baker said. “You’re between a rock and a hard place. You hope he puts it in play.”
    Because Phillips at 60% is better then whatwe have on the bench!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    No he's not better then what the Reds have in the organization, plus a damaged player does not get better by playing.

No he is not

He should be DL'ed, right now he is hurting the team not helping it. The problem with him playing hurt is 2 fold

1st it will take him 6 times longer to get back to 100%
    2nd He could hurt himself much worse playing injured and cost him the season or his career

DL him and bring up Chris Valaika, Chris Valaika is hitting over .300 in AAA and had a great spring training hitting .391

15 days of Valaika is a whole lot better than 2-3 months up 60% BP

BP tried to play through leg issues in 2010 and the results were a .207 July. Then he tried to work though an injured hand in September with a .176 average. Maybe if they DL'ed him when he was injured they do not get sweep in the playoffs because he would have been back and at 100%

BP's track record playing hurt is horrible, he does nothing but hurt the team. To be fair MOST players that play through an injury that should DL them do nothing but hurt their team

Valaika should be playing second until Brandon is fully healed.

I look for him to head to the DL after the Cards series. Hammies can take a long time to heal. Like months. They should put him on 60 day and pray to god we aren't to far out of it when he comes back.

For once I agree with you!!! Because the backup second baseman is Willie Harris!!!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    I look for him to head to the DL after the Cards series. Hammies can take a long time to heal. Like months. They should put him on 60 day and pray to god we aren't to far out of it when he comes back.
    60 day DL....are you crazy. If anything he goes on the 15 day Dl and stays on it until he is better. 60 day.....no way he is on the DL for that long!!!!

Turn Off Ads?