Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

If you think Cal would start Zeller over Terrence Jones, you're nuts.

Zeller is a nice player, but he's not putting sophomore Terrence Jones on the bench. He would play, but not start.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2012 at 02:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Zeller is a nice player, but he's not putting sophomore Terrence Jones on the bench. He would play, but not start.
    LOL............yeah your right. Jones makes too much money to sit the bench. TRob wouldnt start for you guys, Ty Zellar wouldnt start for you guys. Draymond Green wouldnt start for you guys, Austin Rivers wouldnt start for you guys......

Geez, why is there a tournament? UK has the 5 best players in the country. I concede to just give them the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Sure I did. Florida doesnt even utilize Young. And Royce White is 6'-8" . Neither would start for UK. Zellar and Ezeli would.
    Zeller would have a small shot a starting. Ezili, never.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

LOL............yeah your right. Jones makes too much money to sit the bench. TRob wouldnt start for you guys, Ty Zellar wouldnt start for you guys. Draymond Green wouldnt start for you guys, Austin Rivers wouldnt start for you guys......

Geez, why is there a tournament? UK has the 5 best players in the country. I concede to just give them the title.
    A program just coming off probation shouldn't be making cheating accusations towards others.

There are several players around the country who would start for UK, Cody Zeller just isn't one of them. He would get plenty of PT, though.

It's a stupid hypothetical anyway, you shouldn't get so bent out of shape over it.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2012 at 03:07 PM.

LOL.....whatever man. Jones is a stud.

Zellar would start on any team in the country, and that includes UK. Heck, he would fit into their offense quite nicely and he can hit free throws.
    No, Zeller would start for MOST teams in the country.

There's no chance he'd start at North Carolina.

There's no chance he'd start at Kentucky.

There's no chance he'd start at Ohio State.

He might start at Kansas. Maybe.

Other than that, I agree-- he could start anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    No, Zeller would start for MOST teams in the country.

There's no chance he'd start at North Carolina.

There's no chance he'd start at Kentucky.

There's no chance he'd start at Ohio State.

He might start at Kansas. Maybe.

Other than that, I agree-- he could start anywhere else.
    I think he would start at OSU. Thad has shown that he will start his 5 best players, and he is much better than Smith Jr. It would force Thomas on the 3 but help Sullinger. He would start but probably would be the first one to the bench because both Sullinger and Thomas are better and more dynamic than him. (Did I just start another battle?)

As long as you weren't one of his players who got choked/slapped, a secretary, a potted plant, a chair, an opposing coach who got slapped, or a member of the media or the IU administration, you probably love the guy.
    All of his national championships and final fours still stand in the record books though.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    All of his national championships and final fours still stand in the record books though.
    Do you have evidence that Calipari was ever implicated in ANY NCAA shenanigans?

I'll hang up and listen.

I think you guys are ignoring one little aspect:

Cody Zeller is a center. With that being said, I don't think there is any doubt that Anthony Davis would push Zeller to the bench.

And for the record, I would love to have Zeller at Kentucky. He would contribute very well, but he is a significant upgrade to Eloy Vargas and nothing more. If Davis and Jones were gone, he would start.

As for Royce White earlier, what does size have to do with anything? The guy is 6'8 but also can run the offense. Its what made Iowa State such a unique matchup in that it pulls your center away to have to guard a center who can double over as a PG. It's a mismatch, and mismatches slice both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Do you have evidence that Calipari was ever implicated in ANY NCAA shenanigans?

I'll hang up and listen.
    I know I know, both final four's being vacated had nothing to do with him, he is telfon.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I loathe, absolutely loathe Kentucky and their fans. I have a ton of family and friends who went to IU and I've been rooting for the revival of the program since the cheater Sampson (funny how IU fans never mention this when they talk about Cal) burnt down the program.

However, I'm rooting for Kentucky this weekend just to knock down the IU fans a peg or two. The arrogance and smack from the new crop of IU fans dwarfs that of UK fans.

I'm not rooting for UK because I want them to win. I'm rooting for UK just so IU fans get back to a sense of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I loathe, absolutely loathe Kentucky and their fans. I have a ton of family and friends who went to IU and I've been rooting for the revival of the program since the cheater Sampson (funny how IU fans never mention this when they talk about Cal) burnt down the program.

However, I'm rooting for Kentucky this weekend just to knock down the IU fans a peg or two. The arrogance and smack from the new crop of IU fans dwarfs that of UK fans.

I'm not rooting for UK because I want them to win. I'm rooting for UK just so IU fans get back to a sense of reality.
    Cool. Thanks for stopping by.

What kind of a name is Gack anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

You know where I care if Cody Zeller can start? Indiana. You know where I dont care if he can start? Every other program in country.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

Comanche Indian.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

OMG!! LOL.

Turn Off Ads?