Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hernandez needs to go Byby....

Hernandez needs to go Byby....

What hernandez contract>? please tell me it was a one yr deal.

after this season is over hernandez needs to hit the road. Batting him the 4 hole like we were/are is just a joke.

BTW something most probably dont notice.

Tonights game his big lazy butt didnt slide again on a play at the plate. This is at least the 2nd time this year ive seen him make a half effort at a play atp. that ticks me off to no end. In this game the announcers caught on and even showed bailey going crazy waving his arms to GET DOWN. and he still didnt.

Not to mention all the other varibles. Like imo Hanigan can be a pretty good every day catcher and CHEAPER. hanigan is better with the bat. And he's better behind the plate.

Im not sure how this could be even be a question. bring up another minor leaguer to fill the back up roll. And send hernandez on his way.

Anybody disagree>?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hernandez needs to go Byby....

Another worthless post! I love Reds fans..

im basically expressing my belief that I hope hernandez does not return the reds next year. I'd like to see hanigan get a lot more time behind the plate towards the end of this season as well. i wouldnt be surprised if thats what we see either.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I don't endorse failing to slide on a close play, but Hernandez has been a solid addition to the team. I can't say for sure whether Hanigan could keep his stats where they are as an everyday player.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post

im basically expressing my belief that I hope hernandez does not return the reds next year. I'd like to see hanigan get a lot more time behind the plate towards the end of this season as well. i wouldnt be surprised if thats what we see either.
    I am pretty sure he is not coming back to the reds next year. We got rid of Freel and had the O's pay us some cash I believe, basically Ramon is getting paid a million by us this year unless I am thinking wrongly. He has been everything we could expect out of him this year. Hanigan has gotten about half the ab's Hernandez has this year which is a lot for a backup catcher.

The thing that goes forgotten about Ramon is that he is hitting .340 with RISP, and has 14 two-out RBI. His OPS in both those situations is over .900. He has been one of our better guys at getting the runs across when givin the opportunity. Hanigan is batting .378 with nobody on base, but only .192 with runners on base. Unfortunately as good as Hanigan has played in his opportunities and with as bad as this team as been with RISP we cannot take out our 3rd best run producer.

Ramon Hernandez is clearly not the problem with this team and I don't understand why people waste so much time complaining about him. Can't see the forest for the trees.

Hernandez is doing as well as can be expected considering his age and all the innings he has logged as a catcher. He will not be back he has an 8.5 million dollar option with a one million dollar buyout so he will be gone. Now the interesting thing about his situation is that as of right now Elias sports ranking system has him grading out as a fringe A type free agent. So he plays out the season the Reds decline his option he leaves via free agency, and at worst the Reds get a top 40 draft pick for him next season.
    Not bad considering what he has done and one must admit when Joey was out he more than did his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Ramon Hernandez is clearly not the problem with this team and I don't understand why people waste so much time complaining about him. Can't see the forest for the trees.

I agree with you, I would think Reds fans would love having 2 capable catchers that can be well rested throughout the season and not have to worry about injuries back there(knock on wood)...plus Hernandez played 1b when Votto was down. If the Reds were in contention down to the last 4-5 weeks this would be a huge advantage.

The problems with the Reds are :

1. Injuries- EE, Votto, Edison, now Bruce

2. Not getting a SS or LF...Nix and Gomes are great backups and nice to have on the bench, but they are not long term starters, same goes for JHairston.

3.CF- signing WTaveras??? Not that Dickerson is the answer, but he could platoon with JHairston

4. Youthful struggles of Cueto(he has blown some five run leads along with a couple dismal starts.....and Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 in hall View Post
    Hernandez is doing as well as can be expected considering his age and all the innings he has logged as a catcher. He will not be back he has an 8.5 million dollar option with a one million dollar buyout so he will be gone. Now the interesting thing about his situation is that as of right now Elias sports ranking system has him grading out as a fringe A type free agent. So he plays out the season the Reds decline his option he leaves via free agency, and at worst the Reds get a top 40 draft pick for him next season.
    Not bad considering what he has done and one must admit when Joey was out he more than did his job.
    If that is the case with the draft pick(I thought if you bought a guy out you didn't get the pick) then that should make him an attractive addition for teams in need of a solid catcher that are still in the race.

Despite the fact that 99% of the posts here complain about the offense or who bats where in the batting order, the Reds problem is the same as its always been: PITCHING!!

Look at the last 11 games, we've gone 3-8. Yet with decent pitching we could have gone 7-4, we'd be 4 games over .500, and everybody would be thrilled. The problem is not who catches, who bats where in the order, or even Willy. The problem is Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Weathers and the rest of the staff aren't getting the job done.

Would you rather have Hernandez or Ryan Freel?

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post

Im not sure how this could be even be a question.

Anybody disagree>?
    Hernandez is the vet, dude. Case closed, regardless of performance.

I agree that he is quite pathetic, pretty stupid to give up a prospect for him. Baltimore had Weiters so this Hernandez fella was beyond expendable.

He is batting .249..

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    Another worthless post! I love Reds fans..
    worthless

Turn Off Ads?