Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mat Latos

Mat Latos

Well last night was nice, but I am afraid that the "anit Latos" crowd will now hold that against him the rest of the season with the "well he showed against the Brewers he has it, what happen tonight" type of thing. I think we all need to remember he is still a young kid maturing into what can be a very strong dominate pitcher.

His next two outings should be intersting. He gets to go Sat against the Giants whom he seems to do very well against in a pitchers park in SF. He follows that up with a return to SD to pitch against his former team in no question a pitchers park. I don't expect 9 inning 13 K performances and I hope we all allow this kid to continue to improve and mature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Well last night was nice, but I am afraid that the "anit Latos" crowd will now hold that against him the rest of the season with the "well he showed against the Brewers he has it, what happen tonight" type of thing. I think we all need to remember he is still a young kid maturing into what can be a very strong dominate pitcher.

His next two outings should be intersting. He gets to go Sat against the Giants whom he seems to do very well against in a pitchers park in SF. He follows that up with a return to SD to pitch against his former team in no question a pitchers park. I don't expect 9 inning 13 K performances and I hope we all allow this kid to continue to improve and mature.

Sounds like an 8 win pitcher by the break

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post

We were saying this about Bruce when he first came up and he's essentially the same 'month on, month off' type of hitter. Never get too excited about one good or one bad start.

Obviously it would be dreaming to expect that kind of outing ever time our for Latos, but what we saw last night is MUCH closer to what I expected out of him that what we've seen most of the games so far. Hopefully this is a sign that he's turning the corner. The fact that he did it at GABP is all the more impressive.
    Sto Pro Veritate

when you strike 13 out it does help.

Keep the ball down and good things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    when you strike 13 out it does help.
    The 13Ks, for me were a very good sign. I've seen a couple of his starts this year and for me one of the most frustrating things was his inability to put guys away. It seemed like he would have guys down 0-2 or 1-2, they would foul a bunch of pitches off and he would end up walking guys after an 8 pitch AB. Its one of the big reasons he was at 100 pitches after 5 innings.

Hopefully its the start of big things for him.

Anyone else think his release looks great? How he raises his knee and keeps his toes down so his shin and foot are aligned. Cocks his hand back and pulls the trigger. It looks rather graceful I say.

Pitch well the next two games, too, Latos.

Latos hasn't pitched well three games in a row once this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Pitch well the next two games, too, Latos.

Latos hasn't pitched well three games in a row once this season.
    Latos pitches against the Giants. Im willing to say he tears it up.

EDIT: And he plays his former team for the first time. I think the baseball God's heard your prayer before you even said it
    Last edited by MrRedLegger; 06-27-2012 at 06:45 PM.

He's only 24 years old. Anyone who is anti-Latos already is just a negative person. Period.

Where are the Latos haters now?

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyField View Post
    Where are the Latos haters now?
    In hiding, waiting for the first little negative.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

24 years old, goes deep into games, has great stuff, will probably win ~15 games this season, low 4.00 E.R.A. (with a career history that suggests it will be much lower), and under team control for 3 more years after this season?

Where do I sign up for that? Because that sounds awesome.

Turn Off Ads?