Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2011 Topps baseball. Sharing big hits and opinions

2011 Topps baseball. Sharing big hits and opinions

2011 has been a great year for Topps baseball cards. In my opinion it is the best year I have ever experienced as a collector. Topps series one and two are what you would expect, good clean base card set, lots of inserts, but not a lot of money cards. I think this is a great year for bowman. Bryce Harper has been this years Strasburg. He alone makes this set worth collecting. But so far this years big winner for me has been Bowman Platinum. The cards are greatly improved, and have always offered a great bang for your buck. This years disappointment has to be Allen and Ginter. I love the stable of autograph subjects, but if I pull one more John Danks or Ian Kinsler relic card I am going to hurt someone. I have yet to break a triple threads box (my favorite) and Sterling hasn't arrived as of yet, but even without these two juggernauts this is shaping up to be a great year as a collector. I am interested to hear about you opinions as well as hearing about some of the hits you have pulled.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 Topps baseball. Sharing big hits and opinions

Check out this addition from the 2012 Topps set:

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Check out this addition from the 2012 Topps set:

That's the SP version. There's about 20 SPs and they only come 4 to a 12 box case. I bought a box Friday but didn't get an SP. Really wanted that card. I did get 36 Yankees in the box. 5 Reds.

I cringed when I first saw the squirrel card. Seriously, enough with that.

Mike Leake has an SP in that set where he's getting ready to drop Gapper:

What's an SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    What's an SP.
    Short print. They print a smaller number of these as a variation on the main set.

I picked up some packs of 2012 Topps series 1 tonight to "help start a collection for my son" (that's what I told my wife anyway).

These are the first packs of baseball cards I've bought since probably 1996, when I was in college. These are some extremely gorgeous cards.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I cringed when I first saw the squirrel card. Seriously, enough with that.

Mike Leake has an SP in that set where he's getting ready to drop Gapper:

personaly i kinda like this one, gapper i find annoying.

The 2012 Topps series 1 is a really nice looking basic set. If you are looking for high end autos/patches, you won't find them (very often) in this make. But it is a great way to start a collection.
    Let's get weird!

Turn Off Ads?