Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible Movies You Find Entertaining

Re: Horrible Movies You Find Entertaining

Zoolander ... Cable Guy ...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    A 1983 film called Yellowbeard starring Peter Boyle, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Eric Idle, Madeline Kahn, John Cleese, David Bowie, and Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame. I used to watch it all the time with my old man. It's about a locked up pirate who escapes prison to find that he has a son thats his exact opposite. Your basic pirate looking for his treasure type of movie, reminded me alot of Cheech and Chongs The Corsican Brothers.
    I absolutely loved that movie. I don't think it qualifies as "horrible" at all. It's legitimately funny, and I was finally able to DVR it on Saturday.

Little Girl: Sir, can I have three farthings for a lump of ****?
    Dan: No!
    (Little Girl then throws the lump into Dan's face.)
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I absolutely loved that movie. I don't think it qualifies as "horrible" at all. It's legitimately funny, and I was finally able to DVR it on Saturday.

Little Girl: Sir, can I have three farthings for a lump of ****?
    Dan: No!
    (Little Girl then throws the lump into Dan's face.)
    Where did you find it, I would love to have a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Oh man, how could I forget Roadhouse. A total crappy movie masterpiece.
    How about Over the Top w/ Stallone and Hogan?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Blood Diner http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092669/ (intentionally bad)
    I must see this!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

It like a perfect storm of 80's schlock -- mullets, karate, gratuitous nudity, monster trucks, and no plot whatsoever.

And lest we forget one smooth yet world worn, philsophizing, bouncer known the country over.

Then again, I thought he'd be a lot taller.

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
    Where did you find it, I would love to have a copy.
    I don't think it's out on DVD. I recorded it off a movie channel with my DVR. I can try to burn it to a DVD for you if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    I must see this!
    It's utterly hilarious. If you have trouble finding it, I have it on VHS and could probably make you a copy.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

OH! I forgot this one. A fave from back in high school:

The Party Animal

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087889/

Complete with a 80's punk soundtrack including a Buzzcocks song I really like.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 03-06-2007 at 11:18 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I just remembered this extremely quotable "classic":

The Wraith http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092240/

Skank: Do you smell a cop?
    Gutterboy: I smell french fries, but that don't make no sense!

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Amazon Woman on The Moon
    There are some hilarious moments in that movie. Ed Begley Jr as Son Of The Invisible Man was great!

Gotta love Don "No Soul" Simmons too!

"Stagger, stagger, crawl, crawl, jump"

"Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead."

"She couldn't be your mother. No woman ever slept with me and lived."

Yellowbeard's totally underrated.

I don't care if the comedy in a movie is goofy, as long as it's funny. It's a comedy, if you're laughing that's the point. I also don't fault campy movies for being campy. For instance, "Killer Klowns" is a complete cinematic success. That movie is everything it set out to be be. It's no "Lair of the White Worm", but that's mostly due to budget. FWIW, for quality camp I always thought "Critters 2" was terribly overlooked.

If a movie is unintentionally campy, say like "Lifeforce", that's when you've really hit on something.

Though the absolute worst movie I've ever seen that didn't have the good sense to put its tongue in its cheek that I nevertheless enjoyed is "The Omega Code". The acting (particularly Casper Van Dien and Catherine Oxenberg) is festering pile of stool. The plot and script are numbingly stupid. The film is awful at every level. When the world ends at the conclusion of the picture, you're glad everyone in the film is dead. Mind you, that little plot detail did not stop them from making a sequel.

In fact, everything about the film is so inept, so pathetic that I find myself unable to look away. It's a non-stop thrill ride into complete absurdity. If I were younger, I'd surely have built a drinking game around this flick (drink a beer everytime Van Dien jumps over a sofa).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

bomarl1969

Snakes on a Plane
    No Holds Barred
    The Dancing Outlaw II

"The Ice Cream Man" staring Clint Howard.

Clint plays an insane killer ice cream man that turns people (and some animlas) into special ice cream flavours. It also has a special appearance by a drugged up Jan-Michael Vincent.

This is easily the worst movie I have ever seen. Absolutely awful. Funny as hell though.

My wife thinks Mars Attacks is a horrible movie.

I think it's excellent.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Showgirls is so bad it's fun. This will cheese off M2, but while it's possible that Paul Verhoeven set out to make a satire of trash cinema, what ended up on the screen was pure dreck.

Verhoeven has made other good, trashy movies that also managed to be wryly satirical -- the first two Robocop films and Starship Troopers are great examples -- but Showgirls plays it way too straight. You can't write a by-the-numbers Harlequin romance novel and claim it's a satire of romance novels.

But, as unintentionally bad cinema, Showgirls is still worth a few laughs.

Turn Off Ads?