Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nyger Morgan

Nyger Morgan

If the Reds could get Morgan on a minor league deal would anyone be interested? I feel like he would be a good addition even if he does not hit for a great batting average.
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nyger Morgan

Everyhting I have heard/read on him, pizz poor attitude, dont want to bring that in to a team that seems to have good chemistry right now.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Even on the league minimum? He has to be better than Stubbs.

Blatantly stolen from ORG:

What do you see the Reds doing to address their need at lead-off? It is hard to see them signing anyone to a long term deal with Billy Hamilton about a year or so away.
    Jerry Crasnick (1:22 PM)

Alex, I asked someone about this yesterday, and I think they're inclined to just go with the status quo (Drew Stubbs in center) until Billy Hamilton is ready. I've heard he looks pretty good in CF in the Arizona Fall League. The Reds people seem cautiously optimistic that he might be ready midway through the 2013 season -- if not sooner.
    Forget what you read or heard about Stubbs falling out of favor with Dusty. Dusty loves him some speedy, low-OBP centerfielders. And we all know that OBP just clogs up those bases. It is in-scoring-position percentage that really counts. That's what made T-Virus so awesome.
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    I heard the same logic when we signed Edgar Renteria and Wilson Valdez. Don't underestimate how much worse things can get.

If it were about talent, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I love how hard he plays. I just don't think he fits the personality of this team. I would describe this group as a bunch of nice, clean cut guys who respect each other and their opponents. There were questions about whether Latos would fit in with his quirkiness. So, you have this group of nice, respectful guys and your leadoff hitter next year steps to the plate with an absurdly large wad of tobacco in his cheek, gets a base hit and spews a string of expletives the whole way down the line and after a few hits, runs over the catcher on his way to the plate. He gets thrown at the next time up, throws said wad of tobacco at the pitcher and he charges the mound. None of this fits the personality of this team. Not to mention he got into an altercation with a Reds fan THIS season, he has thrown a ball at a fan in the past.

For me, the negatives greatly outweigh the positives.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I used to like him for his game.

That was before I saw what an incredible jerk he was.

Wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I used to like him for his game.

That was before I saw what an incredible jerk he was.

Wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.
    this

Please, lord, no. Cannot bear him.

No thanks. Just don't like the guy.

Althought Cardinal fans don't either, so there would be some benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    I heard the same logic when we signed Edgar Renteria and Wilson Valdez. Don't underestimate how much worse things can get.
    First of all Renteria was not on a minor league deal nor near the league minimum. Second we did not sign Valdez we traded a weak minor league reliever for him. I still feel like he would be an upgrade over Drew Stubbs even with the issues that he has with his personality.

First of all Renteria was not on a minor league deal nor near the league minimum. Second we did not sign Valdez we traded a weak minor league reliever for him. I still feel like he would be an upgrade over Drew Stubbs even with the issues that he has with his personality.
    Nobody is saying he would not be an upgrade over Stubbs from a pure talent standpoint. But the guy has some serious issues that can really hurt the chemistry of a team. You never know when he is going to do something that is going to get himself suspended and leave the team without a CF.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    Nobody is saying he would not be an upgrade over Stubbs from a pure talent standpoint. But the guy has some serious issues that can really hurt the chemistry of a team. You never know when he is going to do something that is going to get himself suspended and leave the team without a CF.
    True I would take a shot on him as a cheap alternative but I would rather not play either and play Heisey but he has to high of an OBP for Dusty

I would turn in my Red's fan membership card if this fool came to town.

No one wants him, he's a clubhouse cancer with a horrible attitude. Remember he smacked a fan in the head at a Reds game this year? Or the fight with Volstad a few years back?

And he seems to be a quitter when things get tough.

Turn Off Ads?