Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

I work 3rd shift so I slept all day and I wake up and come to work and see this. Man this makes my offseason. 2 of the strongest OF arms in the game on our side now and we have a competent leadoff hitter.

Choo
    DatDude
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan
    P

what an opening day lineup. I like the Left-Right mixmatch throughout the order until we get to the 7 spot. If this team can stay healthy then the skys the limit. Im praying for no major injuries.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What are his skills? Obviously not pop in the bat but what's his throwing arm like? Foot speed?
    He's Mike Trout compared to Miguel Cairo.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    He's Mike Trout compared to Miguel Cairo.
    Im pretty sure Brent Lillibridge took over his spot as the tribes utility guy at the end of last season if that tells you anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Donald hits much better against lefties. Hannahan would be a good compliment.
    I dont think we sign Hannahan now. We will probably stick with 5 bench guys barring injury. Those 5 would be IMO Burress, Donald, Paul, Heisey, and Mes. I would love to add Hannahan though and personally keep Donald in AAA. maybe thats Walts thinking but I read where they interviewed Donald after the trade and he said he was excited to go to a playoff team and so on. Maybe they have already told him hes most likely getting the utility role who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I dont think we sign Hannahan now. We will probably stick with 5 bench guys barring injury. Those 5 would be IMO Burress, Donald, Paul, Heisey, and Mes. I would love to add Hannahan though and personally keep Donald in AAA. maybe thats Walts thinking but I read where they interviewed Donald after the trade and he said he was excited to go to a playoff team and so on. Maybe they have already told him hes most likely getting the utility role who knows.
    I'd rather have Hannrahan as opposed to Burress. Burress seems more like Valdez 2.0
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Donald was expendable after the tribe dealt for Aviles. He can play 3B (and the outfield) but more a middle infielder.

Hannahan would still be good to have backing up 3B imo.

nm
    Last edited by WVPacman; 12-12-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    He was solid in the Majors in 2011, but overall you're absolutely correct.
    Not really. His .423 BABIP was good. He had a 7 times as many strikeouts as walks and no power at all.

This is being nitpicky, but I hope Hanigan bats 7th and Cozart 8th, but I doubt it will happen. I just think with Hanigan's OBP, we could see some "Bloop and a Blast" from those two.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

This guy thinks CLV wins the trade, Reds and Dbacks not so much.
    http://releasepoints.com/2012/12/12/...ree-team-deal/

I simply question this:
    Is one year of Choo, playing out of position, worth a projected 15-year career of an above Avg. SS and a "toolsy" outfielder that was a 6 win player in 2010-11?

Hang a WS Championship banner in 2013? Yes it's worth it. Anything less, it's probably not worth it at all.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post

I simply question this:
    Is one year of Choo, playing out of position, worth a projected 15-year career of an above Avg. SS and a "toolsy" outfielder that was a 6 win player in 2010-11?

Hang a WS Championship banner in 2013? Yes it's worth it. Anything less, it's probably not worth it at all.
    I don't see it as a 3 team trade, as Cleveland made 2 separate trades (The Reds/D-Backs didn't make any trade.) If you break it down that way, Cleveland pretty much fleeced the D-backs, and the Reds/Indians made a rather even trade (although I'd say the Reds got the best player out of it, even though it's only for one year)
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

I simply question this:

What if we don't win the World Series, but Didi and Stubbs play more at their average than at their peak? Seems like you're making some large assumptions about their future.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Jocketty said tonight they're still looking for a utility guy, which would indicate they intend to still go after Hannahan.

Burris will likely wind up as organizational depth in Louisville.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who cares who "wins" or "loses" a trade anyhow?

Did the Reds get better from this trade? Absolutely. Thus, they are winners.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I simply question this:

Well I'd say we have a better chance of hanging a banner than Stubbs regaining four win productivity and Didi providing fifteen years of above average shortstop with the same team.

Turn Off Ads?