Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Colin Cowherd Cincinnati Rant

Re: The Colin Cowherd Cincinnati Rant

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I find Cowherd's show very entertaining and funny.
    I've only heard it a few times here and there but I enjoyed it also. I took it as a lunatic ranting on the radio about different things and he was generally funny. His rif on going to South Beach and eating for $40 a day was fantastic. I certinally didn't consider him any sort of "authority" regarding serrious sports discussions. But for what he is, I thought he was funny. Then again, I like Willy Cunningham for the same reason, so what do I know?

I don't really listen to the radio to learn or be educated on different subjects, I listen to it to be entertained. I want to laugh and have fun, not have some college level lecture serries thrown at me. So I don't lose a wink of sleep when a guy like this says something that I dissagree with.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 04-10-2007 at 06:43 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    You know, I hate to do this, but I agree on the Baseball This Morning show. Originally I was so thankful for 24/7 baseball, and I do still listen because it IS baseball, but Patrick, and Destrade, and Martinez don't get it done for me anymore in the AM.

I'd love for them to Get rid of 5/6 of the on air talent and find some new stuff.
    It was better when Bowa was still around. Bowa would tell Mark Patrick where to shove it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Bruno is just boring [I find myself longing for the return of Piecoro]. Rome is too....I dunno. I'm not going to say anything about Cowherd because momma taught me better.
    Obviously just my opinion to follow:

Jeff Piecoro was without a doubt the worst sports show I have ever listened to in my life. Combine two parts boring, with a pinch of awkward delivery, 3 parts conversation about stuff that I can't imagine most people tune in to listen about (high school sports), marinate for two hours and out pops the Piecoro Show.

Bruno is boring to me as well but is a marked improvement over Piecoro if for no other reason than I don't have to worry about him breaking down a midseason matchup between Glen Este and Colerain.

I enjoy Rome but I listen to it for entertainment value and to laugh, not for hardcore sports convo. If I want that I switch over to Dan Patrick.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I actually think Cowherd can be very, very funny. He did a similar rant about Philadelphia a few months back that about made me drive off the road. He pretty much painted Philadelphians as a bunch of Rocky-loving, Lenny Dykstra-loving, Mike Schmidt-hating, illiterate, bitter people with an inferiority complex to the other 3 major East Coast Cities. "Boston Has the Brains . . . New York has the money . . . DC has the power . . . Philly has the cheesesteak."

Having said that, he's plan wrong to call Hartford a supreior city to Cincinnati. It's not. It's got every bit as many problems (crime and bad public schools), more traffic, more expensive to live, plus it's geographically less interesting. I lived 50 minutes from Harford for 4 years. I lived in Cincinnati for 15.

Cowherd did it for a cheap laugh. He's wrong. But this doesn't offend me like racial humor (Imus) or something like that.

One anecdote about the lameness of Hartford. My wife and I lived in a small town - Northampton, Mass., 43 miles up I-91 from Hartford. Hartford has a population of 124,000 (which in itself makes Cowherd's comparison to Cincy suspect). The city of West Hartford is 60,000 or so. So let's round up to 200,000 people.

Anyway, Hartford is so lame that people would routinely drive the 43 miles to Northampton (population 29,000) on Friday and Saturday nights to find a good restaurant.

Lame, lame, lame.

Granted, Northampton is about as hip a small town as you'll find in America. But sould you imagine if Cincinnati restaurants sucked so bad that people routinely drove to Batesville, Indiana to have a romantic evening out together? It's kinda like that. That's Hartford.

Rein's deli in the Eastern suburbs is a notable exception. Storrs, CT (another suburb, where UCOnn is) is nice too. But Harford sucks.
    Last edited by cincinnati chili; 04-10-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: addendum
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    So I guess if there is another Mike Nifong out there who wants to get his picture on tv we could see charges filed.
    I'm assuming you disapprove since you've brought up Nifong. I have to respectfully disagree. This is the kind of thing that should be charged in order to set a precedent. In Cowherd's case, it was just lame and mostly harmless. But when you consider the possibilities in the political or social arena, I think there's a potential problem here. The Internet is still new technology and the law has been slow to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I actually think Cowherd can be very, very funny. He did a similar rant about Philadelphia a few months back that about made me drive off the road. He pretty much painted Philadelphians as a bunch of Rocky-loving, Lenny Dykstra-loving, Mike Schmidt-hating, illiterate, bitter people with an inferiority complex to the other 3 major East Coast Cities. "Boston Has the Brains . . . New York has the money . . . DC has the power . . . Philly has the cheesesteak."

Having said that, he's plan wrong to call Hartford a supreior city to Cincinnati. It's not. It's got every bit as many problems (crime and bad public schools), more traffic, more expensive to live, plus it's geographically less interesting. I lived 50 minutes from Harford for 4 years. I lived in Cincinnati for 15.

Cowherd did it for a cheap laugh. He's wrong. But this doesn't offend me like racial humor (Imus) or something like that.

One anecdote about the lameness of Hartford. My wife and I lived in a small town - Northampton, Mass., 43 miles up I-91 from Hartford. Hartford has a population of 124,000 (which in itself makes Cowherd's comparison to Cincy suspect). The city of West Hartford is 60,000 or so. So let's round up to 200,000 people.

Anyway, Hartford is so lame that people would routinely drive the 43 miles to Northampton (population 29,000) on Friday and Saturday nights to find a good restaurant.

Lame, lame, lame.

Granted, Northampton is about as hip a small town as you'll find in America. But sould you imagine if Cincinnati restaurants sucked so bad that people routinely drove to Batesville, Indiana to have a romantic evening out together? It's kinda like that. That's Hartford.

Rein's deli in the Eastern suburbs is a notable exception. Storrs, CT (another suburb, where UCOnn is) is nice too. But Harford sucks.

If I recall correctly, he stole that rant from comedian Bill Burr. Burr's was more profanity laced and was a reaction to fans booing a comic that came before him.

Cowherd must poke around the web quite a bit.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I'm assuming you disapprove since you've brought up Nifong. I have to respectfully disagree. This is the kind of thing that should be charged in order to set a precedent. In Cowherd's case, it was just lame and mostly harmless. But when you consider the possibilities in the political or social arena, I think there's a potential problem here. The Internet is still new technology and the law has been slow to catch up.

No I wouln't dissaprove if charges were filed at all. Especially if his rant cost some guy out of making a living for a few days. There is a difference from making a joke about Cincinnati and causing financial harm to a guy trying to run a business (I'm not sure if thebiglead.com is a money making site or not just hypothesizing.) He should at least be responsible for any financial harm he brought to the guy and maybe more.

All dyslexics must untie!

"College" Cowherd's focus is NCAA football, that's what got him from the Portland market to "The World Wide Leader..." Right now it's the "offseason" and he's got morning commute hours to fill, so cut him some slack.

(Fortunately for me, his "Spanning the Globe" segment falls into my morning drive time, so I usually hear the mini-interviews and miss the rants)
    Never overlook the obvious

Turn Off Ads?