Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/16/12 Reds at Marlins

Re: 9/16/12 Reds at Marlins

Intentional walk to Stanton. Lee up with 2 on, 2 out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

We need runs. Tie game. We get up and quit while the other team nibbles away. Drat!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    We need runs. Tie game. We get up and quit while the other team nibbles away. Drat!
    I don't know that they 'quit'. They had a lot of base runners. Just didn't cash in enough.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

LeCure in.

Lee flies out to center to end the inning. But it's a 4-4 game to the 9th.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 09-16-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't know that they 'quit'. They had a lot of base runners. Just didn't cash in enough.
    What I meant. They didn't mean to quit scoring but they did.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

If the Reds lose the pundits will say that the offense didn't come through enough with men on base.

IMO, Dusty just left Latos in too long.

Pitch count doesn't tell the whole story. He has a slew of relievers available and there's no reason to push Latos in a game like this, especially after the Marlins got the lead off hitter on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If the Reds lose the pundits will say that the offense didn't come through enough with men on base.

Pitch count doesn't tell the whole story. He has a slew of relievers available and there's no reason to push Latos in a game like this, especially after the Marlins got the lead off hitter on.
    Agree. It happens over and over. Mostly successful, but no reason for it at all.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

To be honest, I think Dusty was in a tough position no matter what. Fact is the Reds should have had a bigger lead. I was fine with leaving Latos in to start the 8th because while I trust Marshall/Broxton, it's not terribly hard to give up a single run against the home team with 2 innings left. The Marlins showed that with the base hit and sac bunt.

That said, he probably should have brought in a reliever to face Reyes.

Agree. It happens over and over. Mostly successful, but no reason for it at all.
    With a September bullpen, the Reds could select a matchup for every Marlin player in the late innings. None of the relievers are overworked, it's easy to mix and match them.

Nothing to be achieved by leaving in Latos, he doesn't need the work, he doesn't need the confidence boost, no reason.

So he only had 95 pitches, let him have a 95 pitch day.

Just disappointing to see the Reds constantly in trouble in this series.

Cishek in

Ludwick flies out to left
    Bruce strikes out
    Frazier flies out to right

Gotta say, the sweep here seems inevitable.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 09-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.

With a September bullpen, the Reds could select a matchup for every Marlin player in the late innings. None of the relievers are overworked, it's easy to mix and match them.

Nothing to be achieved by leaving in Latos, he doesn't need the work, he doesn't need the confidence boost, no reason.

So he only had 95 pitches, let him have a 95 pitch day.

Just disappointing to see the Reds constantly in trouble in this series.
    I don't know if there is a statistic like this, but I'd like to know how many times we've run the starter out there in late innings only to have to replace them during the inning because the opposition mounted a rally. Would be interesting.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Am I misunderstanding you? If it is mostly successful wouldn't that be the reason for it?

I gotta' say, I'm getting pretty aggravated with this team. In 2010, when just making it to the playoffs was good enough after not seeing post season play for 15 years, I don't want to settle for just "good enough" this season. I know this team is a far more capable team than what they're showing themselves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I know this team is a far more capable team than what they're showing themselves to be.
    I'll agree with this. They seem to be basically half-assing so far in September. I get that it's hard to build up a sense of urgency when it's not really there, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Am I misunderstanding you? If it is mostly successful wouldn't that be the reason for it?
    I'm guessing it has been. I'd like to know for sure.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?