Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Wild Card game TBS

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Re: Wild Card game TBS

Was at the Braves game. It was wild and a little frantic the last two innings. The biggest number on the scoreboard was 3 - the number of errors the Braves made. The umps made one glaring error, but the Braves killed themselves with the three they made. This was a game the Braves lost more than a game the Cards won.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Crazy fall for the Rangers one misplayed ball from a World Series winner and then 3 playoff losses in a row and a bad ended of the 2012 regular season late they are one of the bigger underachieving teams in MLB history and their star player is a FA.

Great nite of WC baseball...glad Texas is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    19 year old with a clutch hit for the Rangers clinging from elimination......just not possible
    I thought he turned 20 but announcers said he was 19.

Just saw the replay of the infamous infield fly. Somebody has some 'splainin' to do. They put extra umpires out in the playoffs to mess things up? He didn't signal that was it was an infield fly until the ball nearly hit the ground. Just incredibly bad. Play 162 games for a crappy one-game playin. And then you get a call like that. SMDH.

Yet another reason why I hate the Cardinals.

"We played to win," said catcher Yadier Molina. "They played to lose."

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Yet another reason why I hate the Cardinals.

Did he really say that??!

Even so....they played horrible D and were horrible with RISP...out hit the Cards 12-6 and still lost by dbl.....don't deserve to win...plus: Ted Turner was throwing stuff on the field!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Did he really say that??!
    According to the Cardinals beat writers game story he did. I can't remember the last time someone said something like that about another team, especially in a big game that draws more eyes.

The Cardinals should have scored 1 run on 5 hits so I'm not even sure how they played to win, they were gifted a win because of a blown call and some errors.

Jones makes the throw to 2nd clean and they get the DP that takes 3 runs off the board, Holliday HR was legit but the final 2 runs came from 2 errors and Venters and Freeman not getting getting a ball that went 80 feet allowing Carpenter a gift single and allowed Kozma to score from second.

According to the Cardinals beat writers game story he did. I can't remember the last time someone said something like that about another team, especially in a big game that draws more eyes.

The Cardinals should have scored 1 run on 5 hits so I'm not even sure how they played to win, they were gifted a win because of a blown call and some errors.

Jones makes the throw to 2nd clean and they get the DP that takes 3 runs off the board, Holliday HR was legit but the final 2 runs came from 2 errors and Venters and Freeman not getting getting a ball that went 80 feet allowing Carpenter a gift single and allowed Kozma to score from second.
    Yes..all true. I will admit that the Braves lost the game more than the Cards won it. I hate this 1 game thing, but I'm convinced that the Cards would have won in a 3 or 5 or 7 game series.....the Braves are not clutch.

I guaranree that the Cards will beat the Nats, maybe in 4...I'm pulling for the Reds to beat the Giants, but it will take some great hitting by Bruce and Luddy and BP to get the job done...the Reds staff is as good as SF, so hitting and defense will decide....you have the best "D"

I am going to proceed under the assumption that either he did not say this or was misquoted. Because this is one of the stupidest things that I have ever heard. Therefore he did not say it, IMO.

When Rangers woke up 10 days ago they had the AL's best record by 2 games and had a 5 game lead with 9 games to play and now they are 3 out from going home.
    They were already home, now, they aren't going to get to play at home no more.

A couple of quotes from the Cardinals' shortstop.

"I was under it," Kozma said. "I should have made the play. I took my eyes off it. I was camped under it."
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz28XB8Fxee

Interesting. He admits he took his eye off the ball. I read that as he lost the ball after taking his eye off the ball. Not sure how you lose a ball that you are supposedly camped under.

"I went back and I was under it, and I called for and just missed it," Kozma said. "I bailed at the last second. I thought [the ruling] was the right call. I am an infielder. I went back and was camped under it. I thought [the umpire] made the call. All I heard was the crowd. I just bailed at last second."
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Once again the shortstop states he called for it and just missed it. Not sure how a major league ballplayer who is supposedly camped under an easy pop fly misses it.

The simple fact is that he was not camped under it and the Braves got hosed on that call. Big time, dude. And that call was huge.

Every person that watched that play knows that wasn't an infield fly. Except the one person that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Every person that watched that play knows that wasn't an infield fly. Except the one person that matters.
    Mickey Tettleton?

Turn Off Ads?