Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if he got dealt becasue I hate his contract.
    This, my answer has nothing to do with either his talent level or this stupid incident.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

BillDoran (08-30-2013),RedTeamGo! (08-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do you want Phillips traded or do you think he'll get traded in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Like I always say: depends on the return.

I'd trade my mom in the right deal
    One time she didn't make your favorite meal and this is the thanks she gets?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-29-2013)

NM
    Last edited by klw; 08-29-2013 at 12:34 PM.

7. Likes:

mdccclxix (08-29-2013)

Why does BP's little blowup at C. Trent make him suddenly expendable?

I'll grant that his contract is not ideal, but that was true before this little episode.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-29-2013),joshua (08-29-2013),KittyDuran (08-29-2013),Larkin Fan (08-29-2013),Norm Chortleton (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013),SportsSnob (08-30-2013)

So, you're asking if the club should get rid of an All Star, gold glove winning, second baseman... coincidentally after he yelled at guy that used to post here?

This thread...I don't even know what to say about it.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-29-2013),Red in Atl (08-29-2013),REDREAD (08-29-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Why does BP's little blowup at C. Trent make him suddenly expendable?

I'll grant that his contract is not ideal, but that was true before this little episode.
    Trade Phillips and that contract? Heck yeah, if we get something even better in return.

Because of what happened yesterday? Of course not thats just silly, and wouldn't be best use of organizational assets.
    sorry we're boring

13. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (08-29-2013),Raisor (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013)

Angels offer Trout for BP, who here doesn't do that trade?

If the answer is "of course you make that trade" then yes, you would consider trading BP. For the right deal.

If the answer is "of course you make that trade" then yes, you would consider trading BP. For the right deal.
    Phillips for Trout and a mom to be named later? I'd make that trade in a second.

The philosophy should be that any player could be traded with the right deal. It would be foolish to ever consider a player un-tradeable.

16. Likes:

Raisor (08-29-2013)

By the way, it'll take a lot for me to trade my mom.

Can we trade the guys covering the reds instead of the players?
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

19. Likes:

joshua (08-29-2013),remdog (08-29-2013)

I would have to see Trout's diversity metrics first.

No one is off limits for the right deal. The question is could we get good value for BP given his contract etc ... its not likely.

Ummmmmm, where is this thread coming from? Are some suggesting that one outburst calling someone fat will lead to BP's departure?

I'd trade him for Max Scherzer.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

or Jose Fernandez, I'd do that deal. How about Verlander. value is an all time low.

Point is, the guy JUST signed a long term contract. He ain't going anywhere. He's got some flaws in his game. He's also one of the better defenders, has pop and a knack for driving in runners.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?