Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Trade rumor thread

I think Leake is a good pitcher, but I think it may be a good time to trade him while he is at his peak value. I remember last spring training there were reports scouts from other teams were "raving" about him. After the solid season he had in 2013 you would have to figure the reds could get a very nice return for him from a team desperate for starting pitching.

A good fit might be up north in Cleveland, they could definitely use rotation depth. Or maybe the Chicago White Sox.

How about this idea:

Avisail Garcia for Mike Leake. Cheap, left field option with good hitting potential and years of control.

2. Likes:

marcshoe (10-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Yep. I don't think he's much more than a #5 starter, albeit a very good #5.
    In fact, he's such a good #5 that he's a #3.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Drugs Delaney (10-25-2013),Joseph (10-26-2013),Old school 1983 (10-25-2013),terminator (10-25-2013)

Of all the guys starting at least 10 games this year for the Reds, Leake was far and away the worst pitcher.
    So bad in fact that he and that crapfest mat latos were both 14-7

7. Likes:

Hubba (10-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlessp View Post
    Wins and losses are team dependent. Terrible way to try to convince people of Leake's worth
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Yep. I don't think he's much more than a #5 starter, albeit a very good #5. Of all the guys starting at least 10 games this year for the Reds, Leake was far and away the worst pitcher.

The time to move Leake is now. His value and cost to the acquiring team will never be better. Leake to the Mets for Duda makes some sense.
    I think you must have forgot about Arroyo. There is not a huge gap between those two but Leake was better than Bronson.

I'm a fan of moving Chapman. He's got soooo much value locked up to only pitch so little. Sure transitioning him to a starter might get some value but I'd rather trade him for an offensive upgrade

The tigers need to shore up their BP.... Perhaps Austin Jackson for Chapman plus BH?

10. Likes:

XU Lou (10-26-2013)

Massive overpay for austin jackson

12. Likes:

marcshoe (10-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Massive overpay for austin jackson
    I don't think it's far off. He's a legit center fielder that can fill in the lead off slot for Choo and be a defensive upgrade. He's in his Arb years, but should still be cheaper than Choo.

BH is fast but hitting still needs to be proven. If not Billy then Lamarre, but Chapman is what makes the deal work.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    I don't think it's far off. He's a legit center fielder that can fill in the lead off slot for Choo and be a defensive upgrade. He's in his Arb years, but should still be cheaper than Choo.

BH is fast but hitting still needs to be proven. If not Billy then Lamarre, but Chapman is what makes the deal work.
    It's actually not terrible, but I'd want more than Jackson for Chapman straight-up. I prefer going the kid route and getting Castellanos and Rondon for Chapman and the using the money to aid in re-signing Choo or somebody else.

Jackson, Bruce Rondon and Melvin Mercedes for Chapman, Ondrusek and Lamarre would work for me.

Chapman to the Tigers is absolutely a path that should be investigated.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    No, the Reds would deal from a position of depth, just like the Blue Jays would deal from a position of depth (outfield) in trading Bautista.
    I disagree that outfield is a position of strength for Toronto...

Counting on Gose would be like the Reds trading Bruce and counting on Hamilton to fill the void.

Again, I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. I just think the Reds would have to kick in significant $ or prospects to make it worth Toronto's while.

I think Dexter Fowler makes more sense than Austin Jackson, because the Rockies need pitching all over, have other OF options, and have already hinted that he might be available. If I was the Tigers I wouldn't want to open a hole in CF just to get a closer. Maybe if they lose Infante you could talk BP for Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlessp View Post
    I like Leake more than TRF does, but his win/loss record has nothing to do with why.

Also, I'd move him in a second in the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I like Leake more than TRF does, but his win/loss record has nothing to do with why.

Also, I'd move him in a second in the right deal.
    I think we'd all move anyone in the right deal.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

19. Likes:

AmarilloRed (10-28-2013),KittyDuran (10-27-2013),Raisor (10-27-2013),redsfanmia (10-26-2013),Revering4Blue (10-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Agreed. And given Arroyo's departure and Cueto's and Cingrani's health as well as Bailey's none too subtle search for an exit, I'd say Leake, whether we like it or not, has a good bit more vaue to the Reds than he does to a lot of other teams right now.

21. Likes:

jimbo (10-27-2013),Joseph (10-26-2013),joshua (10-27-2013),KittyDuran (10-27-2013),Mitri (10-27-2013),Revering4Blue (10-26-2013),VottoFan54 (10-27-2013)

Absolutely he does have a lot of value to the Reds.

This rotation was a strength in 2012 and to a lesser degree in 2013, but in 2014, for all the reasons mentioned, it could be a question mark.

Who knows what a new pitching coach might try to do, an attempt to tweak a mechanical flaw [real or perceived] could throw any one of our guys back a few steps.

I won't say I'm worried about the rotation, but I'm not as confident as I was coming into 2013.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Agreed. The Reds took a few steps back this year, so to get back on top there shouldn't be any sacred cows.... Except Votto.... He's pretty sacred.

Turn Off Ads?