Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon Ideas?

Honeymoon Ideas?

Any cheap ideas for a nice honeymoon? We have been married for a couple years, but haven't had a formal wedding. We're renewing our vows and having a ceremony this August.

I was thinking Hawaii would be nice. Obviously, no trips to Mexico. Where is a good place to look for honeymoon packages? I'm looking to spend <$1000.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Honeymoon Ideas?

Cost will, in large part, be dependent upon where you live and how far you want to travel. Since you don't state that, it's really tough to comment. You need to post more information. Where are you departing from, when do you want to go, what do you like to do, what class of accomodations are you looking for, how many days, what about food and beverage---all-inclusive or are you going to eat in the community---privacy or party, beach mountains, or dessert? Those are all things that are going to influence ideas, thoughts, practicality.

I do this for a living. I'm willing to make suggestions; I just need more info.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Cost will, in large part, be dependent upon where you live and how far you want to travel. Since you don't state that, it's really tough to comment. You need to post more information. Where are you departing from, when do you want to go, what do you like to do, what class of accomodations are you looking for, how many days, what about food and beverage---all-inclusive or are you going to eat in the community---privacy or party, beach mountains, or dessert? Those are all things that are going to influence ideas, thoughts, practicality.

I do this for a living. I'm willing to make suggestions; I just need more info.

Rem
    Exactly, 1K thrown at a travel bucket can be filled numerous ways.

I can depart from Cincy, Indy, or Louisville. All are close.

About 2-3 days. As far as food goes, it isn't a big deal to us really. Looking for something with a beach, although we really aren't very picky.

I've never been on a vacation aside from camping or a Reds trip, so anything sounds interesting to me.

And to add... a cruise might be something we would be interested in.

High five!

Go crazy and try something from last minute.

If it were me, I'd so Puerto Rico or Costa Rica.

1K won't get you far out of the country south, and nothing too exciting. But if you go to Canada you'll get great weather in the summer, and a great exchange rate (iiirc) a cabin for a week on a lake in August ain't a bad thing.

I'd really like to try deep sea fishing, the wife wants to try jet skiing... does anyone know if it is smart to get these packages with activities + hotel or would it be cheaper to buy them separate?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I'd really like to try deep sea fishing, the wife wants to try jet skiing... does anyone know if it is smart to get these packages with activities + hotel or would it be cheaper to buy them separate?
    packages are usually cheaper.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I know it isn't for everybody, but my wife and I loved our honeymoon to Walt Disney World (and a Disney Cruise). We are Disney park addicts, and there is a lot to do for adults and it can be romantic.

BTW, I'm an authorized travel agent for Disney vacation packages, if you (or anyone else) is interested.

Ocracoke, North Carolina Great fishing and beaches!

Go to a Kentucky State park that has hotels. The Kentucky Horse park is cool with lots of attractions. Touring the horse farms with the great horses they have, is pretty fun too. Lot's of tours to take in Lexington.

I think only having 1k to spend will limit you going anywhere flying south. You could take a cruise, but you have to drive to florida and drive back. That would take up 2 days.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Diamond seats, a great dinner, and a night at the Westin would soal up nearly a thousand bucks.

Seriously, my wife would dig that.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Branson, MO. Tons of young people, you'll have a great time.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I never been. But maybe Mexico. Cancun? $1K for 2 people would be a challenge I think.

Whoops, "no trips to Mexico"? Why not?
    Last edited by RBA; 05-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Turn Off Ads?