Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephenson promoted to Pensacola

Re: Stephenson promoted to Pensacola

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Awesome news. I think he'll handle AA just fine. At this pace, we could see him in Cincinnati sometime late next season. Cueto/Latos/Cingrani/Stephenson/Leake/Bailey (if they can re-sign him) has the makings of a dominant pitching staff for years to come.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 08-12-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Hopefully he can help push them into the playoffs.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I hadn't checked his numbers in a while -- kid seems like he might be the genuine article.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I've always been a Bailey fan and hate the idea of trading him, but if he brings back two or more top prospects and one is an mlb ready ss, then I say unloading him this offseason is a no-brainer.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

The Rays got Will Myers for Shields. I would love something like that.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

8. Likes:

Benihana (08-12-2013)

I have zero desire to go into next year with Cozart and Frazier as one side of the infield. Only way I see that changes is by trading one of Cueto, Bailey or Chapman. Latos is virtually untouchable.

If one of those guys could net you Profar or someone similar at 3rd or SS I do it. Preferably Bailey.

10. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    The Rays got Will Myers for Shields. I would love something like that.
    Shields had 2 years left and Bailey has just one. Plus Shields has had a better career. We'll see how the year finishes up and how eager teams are for pitching in this already suppressed hitting environment. It might be easier than you expect to piece together a rotation whereas finding legit offense on the trade market could be steeply priced.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I have zero desire to go into next year with Cozart and Frazier as one side of the infield. Only way I see that changes is by trading one of Cueto, Bailey or Chapman. Latos is virtually untouchable.

If one of those guys could net you Profar or someone similar at 3rd or SS I do it. Preferably Bailey.
    I'd trade Chapman this offseason. If someone thinks they could move him to the rotation, I believe we could net more from him then Homer can. Although Homer could bring back a pretty good package as well.

Homer will not fetch what Shields did, but I think he can bring back a decent return.

I am thinking along the lines of Homer for Wil Middlebrooks and another B prospect from The Sox.

Breaking News - The Reds will not trade Aroldis Chapman this offseason.

15. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-12-2013),reds44 (08-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Breaking News - The Reds will not trade Aroldis Chapman this offseason.
    Oh I don't think they will either. This is just what I would like to see.

From what I read, Stephenson is a better prospect than Homer was. Fastball is just as good and he has secondary stuff to go with it. I think he will end up spending less time at AAA.

Regarding Homer, the Reds have multiple routes they could go. First, I think they try to sign him. I suspect that #years will be the difficult negotiating point. If that fails, they could trade him. The risk there is that it reduces the margin of safety for starting pitching. I think they only do that if the return is extremely high. They could trade him at the deadline if he is having a good year and the Reds are not. Lastly, if all else fails to net a good return, they could make him a qualifying offer and take the draft pick. The advantage of this last course is that it gives the Reds the best chance to win in 2014, it gives Stephenson sufficient time to develop at AAA, and it gives the Reds one more chance to sign Homer in what one hopes is the euphoria of a successful season.

18. Likes:

mdccclxix (08-12-2013)

Bailey is gone. He doesn't want to be here and the Reds do not have the money to make him change his mind. Might as well shake him off while we can get something in return.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Bailey is gone. He doesn't want to be here and the Reds do not have the money to make him change his mind. Might as well shake him off while we can get something in return.
    I don't get the he doesn't want to be here thing, Marty is not gospel.

Turn Off Ads?