Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best stadium name that Sold Out?

Re: Best stadium name that Sold Out?

The worst is wherever the Boston Celtics call home these days.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Candlestick - A.K.A. 3Com Park & Monster Park

Haunted by walks

The best of the corporate names sound like a real person's name, like Miller Park and Coors Field. The worst are those made-up generic high-tech names like Comerica, Pac Bell or Petco.

Wasn't the first stadium to recently use Ballpark where the Rangers play. "The Ballpark in Arlington". The "in Arlington" was pretty hokey. It should have just been Arlington Ballpark. Now it is Ameriquest Field. I like Ballpark too.

I think Camden Yards is pretty cool name.

Bank One Ballpark! THE BOB sounds good. What is now called? Chase Field.

Didn't Louisville try to recently get the Vancouver Griz to move there and want to bring back the Kentucky Colonels? Didn't they want to build a stadium that was shaped like an old KFC Bucket of Chicken or something? what would they have called it? The Bucket!!! Guess it fits for basketball.
    Last edited by sig; 09-27-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Soldier Field, now New Soldier Field. The "New" sounds tacky.

I also like the name, "Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum"

Not just a park or field, but a COLISEUM!

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Soldier Field, now New Soldier Field. The "New" sounds tacky.
    I didn't even know that I've never heard anybody call it that. It's always just Soldier Field.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

FWIW, I never ever liked the name Cynergy Field. :thumbdown

As far as current names go, the Great American Ball Park is about as good as it gets when considering the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    The worst is wherever the Boston Celtics call home these days.
    What, you're not fond of the name TD Banknorth Garden? Anything that involves banking related terms at all is pretty hideous. I actually like Tropicana, though, because you can call it the Trop, which just sounds cool. Pretend the team is good and the stadium is nice, why wouldn't you want to say, "Hey, let's go check out the Rays at the Trop!"?

And it's not a sold name, so it doesn't really count, but Oriole Park at Camden Yards is the best name ever. It's such a perfect fake-old sounding name for a perfect fake-old looking ballpark, that I'm totally willing to buy into it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    The Arizona stadium was supposed to be called "Pink Taco Stadium."
    I AM NOT LYING. There is a restaurant called that there. THAT would be the worst by far.
    Boys, where I come from a "pink taco" doesn't have anything to do with football if you get what I'm sayin'
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by sig View Post
    Wasn't the first stadium to recently use Ballpark where the Rangers play. "The Ballpark in Arlington". The "in Arlington" was pretty hokey. It should have just been Arlington Ballpark. Now it is Ameriquest Field. I like Ballpark too.
    Actually, the official name is Ameriquest Field in Arlington. But like many other longtime Ranger fans like myself, we still refer to it as "The Ballpark."

Turn Off Ads?