Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Nfl Mock Draft 1-10

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

2007 Nfl Mock Draft 1-10

1. OAKLAND RAIDERS- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame. Davis plays it safe for once.
    2. DETROIT LOION- Jamarcus Russell, QB, LSU. Big boddied strong armed qb.
    3or4. CLEVELAND BROWNS- Joe Thomas, OL, Wisconsin. Only true difference maker OL in the draft IMO. Would like to see Calvin Johnson here to line up with Edwards but not likely.
    3or4. TAMPA BAY BUCS-Calvin Johnson, WR, GT. Best Athlete and playmaker on the boardm would be #1 or #2 if the top of the board lacked desperate need at the QB position.
    5. ARIZONA- Alan Branch, DT, Michigan. Is the best available but could see them trade down for a CB, which is a weak point that needs to be adressed.
    6. WASHINGTON REDSKINS- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson. See this as a no doubter due to lack of pass rush, although a defensive player is alittle non flashy for Washington.
    7. Minnesota Vikes- Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas. Injury and lack of production at position make this a good pick, although a WR is on the wish list so they could trade up or down to take one.
    8. HOUSTON TEXANS- Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. FO hopes this pick will quiet all of the Reggie Bush talk.
    9. MIAMI DOLPHINS- Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State. This is my suprise pick of the draft, but they need to get younger at the position. Could trade down to get him later.
    10. ATLANTA- Laron Landry, S, LSU. Secondary struggled big time, could also be interested in Reggie Nelson, S, Florida, which could allow them to trade with Dallas and grab another pick later on.

Thats my top ten, the rest will depend on playoff results. It's a start anyway. Would like to know everyones thoughts, and opinions. I will keep it going after the Draft order is settled. With the coin toss pick at 3 and four I think Cleveland will take either Thomas or Johnson depending on who is available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 Nfl Mock Draft 1-10

No way Ted Ginn goes in the top 10. If he does, that's just rediculous.

I think Arizona will trade out of the 5th spot and take the CB like you suggest. I expect Washington to take DT Alan Branch to help with their defensive line and pass rush. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell and Quinn flipped in the first two spots.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    No way Ted Ginn goes in the top 10. If he does, that's just rediculous.

I think Arizona will trade out of the 5th spot and take the CB like you suggest. I expect Washington to take DT Alan Branch to help with their defensive line and pass rush. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell and Quinn flipped in the first two spots.
    I know the Ginn call was a bit off the wall but I see it as a need for them right now. With Jeff Samardzija going to baseball and Johnson going near the top of the board Dwayne Jarrett and Sydney Rice are the only other two WR worth looking at. Mel Kiper now has him ranked ninth on his big board and with a good work-out I'd say it's not out of the question.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    I know the Ginn call was a bit off the wall but I see it as a need for them right now. With Jeff Samardzija going to baseball and Johnson going near the top of the board Dwayne Jarrett and Sydney Rice are the only other two WR worth looking at. Mel Kiper now has him ranked ninth on his big board and with a good work-out I'd say it's not out of the question.
    It's just my opinion but for some reason I see Oakland going with Quinn because he is the safe pick. I know safe doesn't really fit the Al Davis profile, but not knowing who will coach the team next year Quinn IMO would fit into most systems and has already been playing in an NFL system at ND. In other words, Oakland wants someone who can step in right away and I think Quinn fits that mold better than Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Ginn's injury will prevent him from working out at the combine, and possibly Ohio State's pro day. My guess is his stock will slip until he can work out for NFL brass. Kiper was on the radio last week saying that Ginn is the only truely explosive WR in the draft.

Cleveland must take Joe Thomas if he is there. It really isn't negotiable.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Don't be surprised if Oakland goes for Calvin Johnson. Al Davis loves him those great receivers.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Ginn's injury will prevent him from working out at the combine, and possibly Ohio State's pro day. My guess is his stock will slip until he can work out for NFL brass. Kiper was on the radio last week saying that Ginn is the only truely explosive WR in the draft.

Cleveland must take Joe Thomas if he is there. It really isn't negotiable.
    I agree Thomas is a must if he is there, but what free agent OL will be out there. If they can take Calvin Johnson and get a couple top of the line OL's via free agency, thats the route I would take. Johnson's a number one pick to everyone who doesn't need a QB. I'm gonna do some research to find out who's gonna be out there as far as free agents.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Don't be surprised if Oakland goes for Calvin Johnson. Al Davis loves him those great receivers.
    I too could see this happening, if they have a free agent QB in mind I wouldn't blame them for grabbing him #1

I'd be shocked if Ginn does not go in the top 15, his speed and quickness are off the charts. He is a difference maker(especially on returns) and has a ton of skills.
    Last edited by flyer85; 01-22-2007 at 01:14 PM.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I'd be shocked if Ginn does not go in the top 15, his speed and quickness are off the charts. He is a difference maker(especially on returns) and has a ton of skills as a receiver.
    Agreed, with the lack of quality WR's this year he will go far sooner than we think.

is there a full blown mock draft yet?

who will the Bengals be looking at this year? or what position will they be targeting? we have alot of holes... I'd say LB position will have to be addressed at some point in the draft

Jamarcus Russell to the Lions has all the makings of Akili Smith to the Bengals.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

who will the Bengals be looking at this year? or what position will they be targeting? we have alot of holes... I'd say LB position will have to be addressed at some point in the draft
    I think the Bengals must go Cornerback again this year. James is gone, Joseph is going to have some repercussions from this screw up, and Oneal is a Free agent as well(I think).
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

1. Al Davis doesn't do quarterbacks. Hasn't drafted one with a #1 overall pick since the Todd Maranovich debacle back in the early '90s. Davis likes his signal callers to have experience and isn't a patient man when it comes to developing QB talent.

2. If the Bucs draft Calvin Johnson, I'll burn all of my Tampa gear and find some new team to root for. High-round WRs are a luxury item that are not at all necessary to win in the NFL, especially on a team that lacks consistent QB and O-Line play. Athletic wideouts are a dime a dozen in most drafts, and they're less than worthless if you can't protect the passer long enough to get the ball to them or if you don't have a QB that can make the throws to get them the ball.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

Just google "mock draft" and it will take you to a bunch of them. But at this time of year they are pretty worthless.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?