Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of Yorman Rodriguez

Video of Yorman Rodriguez

Please use this thread for any discussion relating to Yorman Rodriguez.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Official Yorman Rodriguez Thread

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Wow, Yorman looked great against Viola.

Oh, wait. Was Yorman pitching or hitting? :O)

j/k Thanks OBM, I hadn't seen that one yet.

Doug took those videos IIRC.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Doug took those videos IIRC.
    You do recall correctly.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You do recall correctly.
    How often do you actually get to go to minor league games Doug? Just curious. I know you follow them online thru MilB IIRC, but the video's got me thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    How often do you actually get to go to minor league games Doug? Just curious. I know you follow them online thru MilB IIRC, but the video's got me thinking about it.
    This year, a lot. I have press passes in Dayton and Louisville. Haven't made it to Louisville yet this year though because of the weather and my schedule, but I am hoping to make it to about 40 games this year between the two.

hope to see more video, where can we view these on your website?

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    hope to see more video, where can we view these on your website?
    The 'video' page at the top has links to a ton of Reds videos, both shot by me and by others all over the internet.

Re: Video of Yorman Rodriguez

It's a small sample size, but how impressive has Yorman Rodriguez been so far this season? At the age of 16, Yorman is hitting .295/.370/.411 - .781 with two homers in 95 atbats. He's also 6-for-6 in stolen base attempts. I expected him to struggle this season - and he still might - but what he's doing right now is very, very impressive. By the way, I just looked it up - Yorman Rodriguez is the youngest player in the minor leagues (not including the DSL/VSL).

I mentioned Y-Rod's homer to Ben Badler from Baseball America on Twitter and he responded to me:

BenBadler@csolo_wvu_reds The K rate is high, but been better than expected in small sample size. Not sure why #Reds are pushing him so quickly, tho
    I mentioned that it may be due to wanting to get Juan Silva some action in CF in the GCL.
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 07-29-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Yorman is now up to .304/.385/.422 - .807 OPS in roughly 120 plate appearances. Not bad for the youngest player in professional baseball in the United States. He's probably going to hit a rough patch at some point but what he's doing right now is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yorman is now up to .304/.385/.422 - .807 OPS in roughly 120 plate appearances. Not bad for the youngest player in professional baseball in the United States. He's probably going to hit a rough patch at some point but what he's doing right now is amazing.
    He could be hitting .200 and I really wouldnt be upset about it considering everything about him. He has the peripherals so far, and thats what really matters the most.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    He could be hitting .200 and I really wouldnt be upset about it considering everything about him. He has the peripherals so far, and thats what really matters the most.
    I agree. That's one of the reasons why I'm not worried about Duran. I didn't expect much out of him or Yorman this season, so the fact that Yorman is playing so well has been a pleasant surprise so far.

How do you see him filling out physically in five years? Will he add bulk or stay with his lean muscle he has now???

Turn Off Ads?