Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Libel in an internet blog

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Libel in an internet blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Didn't the cops explain why the RO was filled?
    I'm always amazed how little protection there is in the system for the victim. Sad. Really sad.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay, I think I'm done with him now.

Here's the skinny. His girlfriend messaged me Sunday night saying that she needed to get out and talk to someone because they had a huge argument, and she didn't feel safe there. I agreed to go and pick her up, and we met at a secure location that I made sure to scout in advance of our meeting time to be sure that he wouldn't be there waiting for me somewhere.

We went to Wal-Mart and walked around talking for a couple hours, then on our way back, she decided that she was going to leave him. She asked me to wait at the secure location while she went and packed her things. I agreed to wait, and I waited four hours before I had to leave to get ready for work. When I got home from work, that is when I had the most recent threatening messages from him, and I tried to call over at his house to find out what he had done to her, but there was no answer. That's when I called the police, and they responded that she was okay, and informed me about the "temporary protection order". Well, from there, I wasn't comfortable with how things stood, so I called her mother.

Her mom called her at his house, and she told her mom that she wanted to leave but he was blocking the door and refusing to let her go. Well, between her mom and another friend of ours, they managed to get her and all of her stuff out of his house, and she stayed her for a few days through the snowstorm, and is now with her sister.

There's been a lot of talking, some listening, and even more talking going on over the last several days, but thankfully, at least she's safe, and she's not going back to him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Okay, I think I'm done with him now.

Here's the skinny. His girlfriend messaged me Sunday night saying that she needed to get out and talk to someone because they had a huge argument, and she didn't feel safe there. I agreed to go and pick her up, and we met at a secure location that I made sure to scout in advance of our meeting time to be sure that he wouldn't be there waiting for me somewhere.

We went to Wal-Mart and walked around talking for a couple hours, then on our way back, she decided that she was going to leave him. She asked me to wait at the secure location while she went and packed her things. I agreed to wait, and I waited four hours before I had to leave to get ready for work. When I got home from work, that is when I had the most recent threatening messages from him, and I tried to call over at his house to find out what he had done to her, but there was no answer. That's when I called the police, and they responded that she was okay, and informed me about the "temporary protection order". Well, from there, I wasn't comfortable with how things stood, so I called her mother.

Her mom called her at his house, and she told her mom that she wanted to leave but he was blocking the door and refusing to let her go. Well, between her mom and another friend of ours, they managed to get her and all of her stuff out of his house, and she stayed her for a few days through the snowstorm, and is now with her sister.

There's been a lot of talking, some listening, and even more talking going on over the last several days, but thankfully, at least she's safe, and she's not going back to him.

WOW.. what an ordeal. You're a real trooper. Glad you are OK. Keep your head on a swivel.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Dude, this guy sounds nuts, I don't think you are out of the woods yet. What is going to stop him from coming after you? Get a EPO. He lost his girlfriend....he might blame you. Not trying to scare you but this guy does not sound stable. I think it would be in your best interest to expect the worst, and be prepaired for it.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Sava, follow some of the advice here. Please, go to the police, if we are getting the full story here, right now they need to hear your side of the story, in person, with your proof. This dude is a six pack of beer away from doing something stupid.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Sava, follow some of the advice here. Please, go to the police, if we are getting the full story here, right now they need to hear your side of the story, in person, with your proof. This dude is a six pack of beer away from doing something stupid.
    Oh, I went to the police, and now neither he nor I are allowed near each other. Works for me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Dude, this guy sounds nuts...
    you don't know the %(*&^# half of it with him...
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    you don't know the %(*&^# half of it with him...
    I'm sorry Rob, I don't know why he's now going after you...

I'm sorry Rob, I don't know why he's now going after you...
    i think he might have just sent the same message to the first few people on your friends list, cause as far as i know, he doesn't know me.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I'm curious, if I went to the authorities, would I go to the authorities in my city, or in his city?

Also, he's now made his profile private. I'd love to see what might be said on there now.
    Regarding the phone calls, your city.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your saying that YOU called the police to fill a complaint against this guy and after they went to talk to him, they allowed HIM to file a temporary protection order against you?!?!? And when you talk to the police they didn't even listen to your taped phone calls or look at your evidence?!? WHAT?!? And you have never threatened this guy? The threatening phone call is a crime. Period.

If what I typed is accurate, then call the police department and ask to speak to a Sergeant (or above) and request he/she respond and listen to your complaint and your taped evidence and copied MySpace item. Explain to him/her that what you are concerned about is your safety. Then ask him/her to review all the reports filed involving all parties and then explain to you how it is possible that he was allowed to file a temporary protection order against you. In fact, ask for a copy of all reports involving him/her/you for the past two months.

Is the temporary protection order against you, cover him AND her?

Without knowing the details and reading between the liines, I don't know how much I would trust HER either.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest View Post
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your saying that YOU called the police to fill a complaint against this guy and after they went to talk to him, they allowed HIM to file a temporary protection order against you?!?!? And when you talk to the police they didn't even listen to your taped phone calls or look at your evidence?!? WHAT?!? And you have never threatened this guy? The threatening phone call is a crime. Period.

If what I typed is accurate, then call the police department and ask to speak to a Sergeant (or above) and request he/she respond and listen to your complaint and your taped evidence and copied MySpace item. Explain to him/her that what you are concerned about is your safety. Then ask him/her to review all the reports filed involving all parties and then explain to you how it is possible that he was allowed to file a temporary protection order against you. In fact, ask for a copy of all reports involving him/her/you for the past two months.

Without knowing the details and reading between the liines, I don't know how much I would trust HER either.

CQ. Glad to see you follow up on this. I was so baffled by this I almost e-mailed you to read this post. I'm glad I'm not in Sava's shoes. At least my "problem" doesn't live here.
    Cedric 3/24/08

This is my line of thinking as well.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I was skeptical about her for a while, but after watching her for a bit while she was staying here with me, and in subsequent conversations, I pretty much trust her completely now.

As for the TPO, my grandmother, who works for a different police department, says that I shouldn't be too worried about it, because it will keep him away from me as well. I still don't understand how he managed to get one against me when I did absolutely nothing to him, but that's neither here nor there, it's not the first time I've called that particular police department and have it turn around to bite me in the butt...actually, it's the third time now.

I am curious about the TPO though, is this something that goes on my permanent record?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    i think he might have just sent the same message to the first few people on your friends list, cause as far as i know, he doesn't know me.
    Nope, you were "lucky" in this respect brother.

If you still talk to Dylan, be sure and mention this to him, because he told Dylan that he didn't send you any messages, same as he told Dylan that he never threatened me.

Turn Off Ads?