Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 07-22-2007 Minor League Updates

Re: 07-22-2007 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Joey Votto doubled and a batter later Jay Bruce singled in 2 more and the Bats lead 11-1 now.

Votto is 3-3 with a walk, 2 runs and 2 RBI.

Bruce is 2-5 with 3 RBI and a run scored.

call both up after the game.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Calvin Medlock has now pitched 1.1 innings. 1h, 1bb, 3K.

The Marlins would've brought up Votto and Bruce a month ago. No idea if that would be wise but just sayin'

Sarasota got killed 13-4 today.

The offense had 11 hits, but the pitching allowed 9 earned runs and 4 unearned runs.

Dayton is tied at 0 in the 3rd. Drew Stubbs is 2-2 with a double. He has the only hits for the Dragons. Juan Francisco is 0-1 with a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    The Marlins would've brought up Votto and Bruce a month ago. No idea if that would be wise but just sayin'
    No, the Marlins would have brought Votto up last season when he was tearing through the Southern League.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, the Marlins would have brought Votto up last season when he was tearing through the Southern League.
    Probably. At least started the year in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Probably. At least started the year in the majors.
    Hermida has struggled over the last year. If a player isn't ready they are going to struggle.

BTW, Votto seems to be ready now.

I forsee alot of changes in the next few weeks...

A Drew Stubbs double in the 8th brings home Cozart to tie the game up at 2 apiece. 2 doubles and a single for Stubbs on the day. OPS is up to .770 according to my (not-very-official) calculations.

Just got back from the Dragons game, and here are my thoughts on the last two nights

-Drew Stubbs
    He was what we all wanted him to be the last two night. Outside of a baserunning blunder today, he played flawless. Had a superb aproach at the plate and drove the ball to all fields. Also showed his speed with an infield hit. Showed some serious range too. I came away impressed

-Jaun Francsico
    If he puts it together, watch out. So much raw potential. His ability to drive the ball with so much ease is amazing. He is not big at all, but he has a smooth swing and goes to all fields. Also has above average speed. He reminds me off EE at 3rd. Makes the great play, but boots the return one. Kind of slings the ball like Edwin also.

-Cozart
    Fantastic fielder. Good range and quick hands. Could turn the DP in his sleep. Made a great diving play at SS last night. Bat is still a work in progress, but he had a double today.

-Mateo and Geronimo
    Both have electric stuff. Geronimo had a variety of pitches he can throw for strikes. Geronimo got into a bit of trouble today, but I still came away impressed

-DeJesus
    Was unhittable in nearly 5 innings last night. Good stuff. Talked to the Dragons pitching coach before the game today, and he says when DeJesus gets ahead of guys he is unhittable.

And on a side not, all love all the guys in the Dragons bullpen. I sat right behind their bullpen the last 2 days, and they are just awesome. They are a fantastic group a guy who know how to have fun.

I have some pitctures that I took with my phone, and if they turned out ok I'll post them later.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Hermida has struggled over the last year. If a player isn't ready they are going to struggle.

BTW, Votto seems to be ready now.

I think Hermida's struggles are a result of time missed due to injury. It seems to be really tough on a young hitter to get called up, and then battle through injuries. I believe that's the only reason Kearns has turned out to be the player he now is.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Just got back from the Dragons game, and here are my thoughts on the last two nights

-Drew Stubbs
    He was what we all wanted him to be the last two night. Outside of a baserunning blunder today, he played flawless. Had a superb aproach at the plate and drove the ball to all fields. Also showed his speed with an infield hit. Showed some serious range too. I came away impressed

-Jaun Francsico
    If he puts it together, watch out. So much raw potential. His ability to drive the ball with so much ease is amazing. He is not big at all, but he has a smooth swing and goes to all fields. Also has above average speed. He reminds me off EE at 3rd. Makes the great play, but boots the return one. Kind of slings the ball like Edwin also.

-Cozart
    Fantastic fielder. Good range and quick hands. Could turn the DP in his sleep. Made a great diving play at SS last night. Bat is still a work in progress, but he had a double today.

-Mateo and Geronimo
    Both have electric stuff. Geronimo had a variety of pitches he can throw for strikes. Geronimo got into a bit of trouble today, but I still came away impressed

-DeJesus
    Was unhittable in nearly 5 innings last night. Good stuff. Talked to the Dragons pitching coach before the game today, and he says when DeJesus gets ahead of guys he is unhittable.

And on a side not, all love all the guys in the Dragons bullpen. I sat right behind their bullpen the last 2 days, and they are just awesome. They are a fantastic group a guy who know how to have fun.

I have some pitctures that I took with my phone, and if they turned out ok I'll post them later.
    THanks. You are very lucky to see the games.

Your report on Stubbs is particularly encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    THanks. You are very lucky to see the games.

Your report on Stubbs is particularly encouraging.
    Yeah I know. I'm thinking about going again tomorrow if I can get some of my friends to go with me.

Damn that Stubbs guy...not taking a BB in the game.

I'm loving seeing this kid come back around!

todd frazier had 2 hits and his first homer for billings. brandon waring hit his 5th hr in the 4-0 win.

i also saw yesterday that 1st round comp. pick kyle lotzkar pitched a scoreless inning for the GCL Reds, but the game was postponed due to rain, so i dont know if the stats counted.

Turn Off Ads?