Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Uncle Woody's- gone forever

Uncle Woody's- gone forever

Wow.
    Outside of Pomi's I can't think of anything from my college days in Clifton Heights that still exists. I spent many a night at Woody's. Sad, sad, sad.

http://citybeat.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A145475
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Uncle Woody's- gone forever

i appreciate uncle woody's history.

But lets face it.. The place stunk like 40 years of beer and cigarettes, there was limited patio space, the food was average at best, the drinking age is 21, etc etc etc.

It was really time to get out 2 years ago. Now with the economy down and the kids, most of whom arent legal drinking age anyway, have gone back to the keg parties.

I went to college at UC during the 90s. I always used to hear how cool the bar scene was in Clifton "back in the day." I never saw it.

Saddens me to say but Woody's should have relocated to Anderson or wherever like the rest, while he still had the chance.

Clifton has been dead as long as I have been old enough to go there. Now its a dead strip mall.

Kudos to Uncle Woodys and thanks for the memories. My mom tells me it was a cool place, back when it was next to a bar called "Calhoun Street," which I am told was also a cool bar. I wouldn't know. I've only ever been there for Jimmy John's.
    Last edited by Fon Duc Tow; 06-28-2008 at 08:35 PM.

I always used to hear how cool the bar scene was in Clifton "back in the day." I never saw it.
    Fibber McGees... good times.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Fibber McGees... good times.
    Pickle Barrel, Kilgores, Cory's, Fries, Arlins & Woody's. That pretty much sums up where my disposable cash went during the 80's.
    And yes, Calhoun/McMillan pretty much went down the toilet in the 90s.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?