Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

Re: McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

Wendy's hamburgers are still pretty awesome

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    In general I agree with that, but for those in the Dayton area, I've always wondered if Cassano's Pizza does anything different to their "food" for their TV commercials? By that I mean, it pretty much always looks like what is delievered, not some supped up pizza that is obviously doctored for commericals like you see with the national chain commercials for Domino's, Pizza hut, etc...
    What do you think of Marion's?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You guys haven't watched Super Size Me?

Yes, if you're kinda fat already and you eat McDonald's for every meal for 30 straight days you are going to get fatter and you're going to feel sbomb.

Off topic but i take any chance I get to point out how pointless that movie was. Super High Me was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You completely missed the point, didn't you?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I used to go to a Caribou Coffee across from my workplace and it seemed like about half the time I'd order a cup of Joe and they'd say, "That'll be a minute, we're brewing a new pot." It doesn't seem hard to anticipate that if you are a coffee shop, people will expect coffee.
    But I've been known to over think things.
    Ah, Caribou Coffee. A blast from the past. Takes me back to my days in Cary, NC. Great coffee, great atmosphere--puts Starbucks to shame, IMHO.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Actually, I think Time Magazine did a taste test between Wendy's and Five Guys. Believe it or not, Wendy's came out on top. I like Wendy's because their burgers taste like actual beef. With McDonald's and Burger King, I think they use seasonings or their "charbroilers" to cover the taste of the meat. When it comes to hamburgers, I'm a bit of a purist in that I think less is more. When I make them at home, it's just a blend of ground sirloin and ground chuck with just enough salt to enhance the flavor of the beef.

Five Guys is okay. If you're ever in the Akron area, Swenson's drive in is a good place to try.
    Wow, that is surprising to me. I guess Wendy's isn't as bad as BK or the Clown. Sadly for them I typically just lump them together, since all three of them are in the same area for me. I think I typically go for the spicy chicken sandwich when I go to Wendy's anyway, because it truly dominates.

Five Guys I like, but honestly nothing really comes close to a burger that you cook on your own. It's not rocket science to grill a burger, and you can go all out with the meat/bread/veggies/spreads. Although something interesting that I'm not sure if it's company policy: both times I went there, after the guy put the french fries in the bag, told me to hold on a second, and promptly stuffed the rest of the order bag with fries. I am okay with that, really.

McDonalds I haven't eaten in a few years now I am guessing. Sweet-ish bun (wtf?) and as you said a really poor meat taste/quality. Even as cheap as it is, it's really not worth it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You completely missed the point, didn't you?
    Yes. It's been a long time. Something about people being too stupid not to eat McDonald's so they should have laws similar to tobacco put on them? Don't think I agree, but I just thought it was kind of silly when they were being so dramatic about how horrible his health had become.

I just don't know how addictive fast food is. After being super thin most of my life without trying, a couple years ago I realized that I had become fat and I had a terrible diet. I ate fast food frequently. I read the 4-Hour Body by Tim Feraris changed my diet (first diet I've ever tried) and was off and running no problems. 2 years and 65lbs down later I haven't looked back, found it very simple to give up fast food (except for that one day a week). Maybe I'm way off on remembering the point of the movie though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

What does McDonalds do to their burgers to make them so "unnatural" seeming? I assume cheap cuts of meat, but to have a burger turn out the way they do, something "synthetic" has to be going on, no?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What does McDonalds do to their burgers to make them so "unnatural" seeming? I assume cheap cuts of meat, but to have a burger turn out the way they do, something "synthetic" has to be going on, no?
    I think it's a combo of cheap meat and cheap seasonings like onion powder. I know they put those little diced onions on everything, but I think the meat itself tastes of onion powder and black pepper. To me, that says that the meat isn't very good and they're trying to mask the flavor.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Yes. It's been a long time. Something about people being too stupid not to eat McDonald's so they should have laws similar to tobacco put on them? Don't think I agree, but I just thought it was kind of silly when they were being so dramatic about how horrible his health had become.

I just don't know how addictive fast food is. After being super thin most of my life without trying, a couple years ago I realized that I had become fat and I had a terrible diet. I ate fast food frequently. I read the 4-Hour Body by Tim Feraris changed my diet (first diet I've ever tried) and was off and running no problems. 2 years and 65lbs down later I haven't looked back, found it very simple to give up fast food (except for that one day a week). Maybe I'm way off on remembering the point of the movie though.
    Of all people then, I'm surprised you chose to label a documentary critical of the fast food industry at the peak of the obesity epidemic as "pointless"...

Of all people then, I'm surprised you chose to label a documentary critical of the fast food industry at the peak of the obesity epidemic as "pointless"...
    That was my point though. I didn't need a documentary to tell me "fast food is making you fat" and it wasn't hard to walk away from from fast food either. I don't think im particularly special in my ability to break away from fast food, people just don't want to bad enough. Maybe Morgan Spurlock did open some people's eyes but I just find it hard to believe that people don't know these things already.

*i don't know how I botched the author's name so poorly earlier but it's Ferriss.

Last edited by Razor Shines; 06-23-2012 at 03:40 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

That was my point though. I didn't need a documentary to tell me "fast food is making you fat" and it wasn't hard to walk away from from fast food either. I don't think im particularly special in my ability to break away from fast food, people just don't want to bad enough. Maybe Morgan Spurlock did open some people's eyes but I just find it hard to believe that people don't know these things already.

*i don't know how I botched the author's name so poorly earlier but it's Ferriss.

You're oversimplifying the film though if you believe its sole purpose was to tell you that "fast food makes you fat". As I recall, it also discussed the marketing, chemistry, and psychology employed by fast food to get you to keep coming back for more of their product.

Was An Inconvenient Truth really necessary since everybody knows pollution is bad for the Earth?

The Decomposition Of McDonald's Burgers And Fries. - YouTube
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 06-23-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Ah, Caribou Coffee. A blast from the past. Takes me back to my days in Cary, NC. Great coffee, great atmosphere--puts Starbucks to shame, IMHO.
    This was the one on Hillsborough, I worked right across the street at NC State. Then a Starbucks went a block up and Caribou was gone in a year, which was a real shame. I do not prefer Starbucks coffee.

As to MacDonald's or any other fast food, I'm continually surprised that people don't seem get the connection between it and poor health. We don't eat fast foot and nor do we eat at places like Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, etc., where if one were to actually consider the carbs, sodium, fat and calories they are taking in, they might reconsider. In my opinion, those places are just as bad. In fact, if you really think about the ways in which those restaurants try to appeal to customers, it's all about loading up on empty calories, fat and salt and huge portions, probably twice as much as what I would consider reasonable and healthy for someone trying to avoid a spare tire. Yet, sit in the parking lots of these places and I'll venture that most of the adults you see entering the places are overweight; it's like people don't understand the connection between poor eating habits and weight.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    This was the one on Hillsborough, I worked right across the street at NC State. Then a Starbucks went a block up and Caribou was gone in a year, which was a real shame. I do not prefer Starbucks coffee.

As to MacDonald's or any other fast food, I'm continually surprised that people don't seem get the connection between it and poor health. We don't eat fast foot and nor do we eat at places like Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, etc., where if one were to actually consider the carbs, sodium, fat and calories they are taking in, they might reconsider. In my opinion, those places are just as bad. In fact, if you really think about the ways in which those restaurants try to appeal to customers, it's all about loading up on empty calories, fat and salt and huge portions, probably twice as much as what I would consider reasonable and healthy for someone trying to avoid a spare tire. Yet, sit in the parking lots of these places and I'll venture that most of the adults you see entering the places are overweight; it's like people don't understand the connection between poor eating habits and weight.
    Caribou is good. Starbucks always tastes burnt.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Caribou is good. Starbucks always tastes burnt.
    The barista has something to do with that, i believe. My local starbucks is almost always good, but at others I get the burnt coffee taste. (on the expresso, that is).

For the americano.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_part..._to_sell_a_new

Looks like others felt the same way.
    Last edited by oneupper; 06-24-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Stat geek...and proud

What do you think of Marion's?
    I love it. Closest one to me is about 30 minutes away, so we only go if we're in Dayton for something else, but it's good stuff.

Turn Off Ads?