Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Updates Friday 5/17/2013

Minor League Updates Friday 5/17/2013

In the 4th inning, Louisville trails Charlotte 4-2. Armando Jollyroger is off to rough start thru 3, giving up 7 hits, 2 walks, and 4 earned. Hamilton has a walk, Burriss and Fellhaurer singles, Negrin and Corky doubles. The man, the myth, the mustache with both ribeyes.

In South Bend, Cisco has given up one earned on one hit with no walks and two Ks thru two. The Dragons lead the Silver Hawks 3-1 on the strength of hits by Superfluous J and Mejias-Brean, followed by a Winker two run tah-tah. Really starting to wonder how long he needs to hit like this before a promotion. My guess is another 4-5 weeks of playing at a high level might do it.

Sharky has gone two scoreless against the Baybears. Mattair and Durango have hits.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Updates Friday 5/17/2013

Is Winker really this good? Outside of the first week or so, he's pretty much nonstop shredded single-a as a nineteen year old.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Is Winker really this good? Outside of the first week or so, he's pretty much nonstop shredded single-a as a nineteen year old.
    Yes, he is. He struggled for the first two weeks. Since April 19th began, including his 1-3 HR tonight, he is hitting .375/.461/.648. Is he THAT good? Well no, his BABIP in that time is .429, but the kid can rake.

Gallaraga went three more without allowing any more baserunners. Burriss and Miller each have 2-3 nights going. Still 4-2, Whelan now hurling.

Cisco thru 4 with still the one hit. Mejias-Brean adds a second hit and Gelalich picks up his first.

Sharky with six hits and no walks thru 4.2, ERA down to 2.18. Still scoreless.

Moscot climbs the hill for the Blaze at 10:05 in Stockton.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Dayton Dragons game just went final in ten innings-- Dragons took this one with a final score of 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yes, he is. He struggled for the first two weeks. Since April 19th began, including his 1-3 HR tonight, he is hitting .375/.461/.648. Is he THAT good? Well no, his BABIP in that time is .429, but the kid can rake.
    That homer last night was just hammered. How fast do you think they could they push him? I realize there's a big gap between Dayton and Cincinnati, but it seems like there isn't a hole to be found in this kid's game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    That homer last night was just hammered. How fast do you think they could they push him? I realize there's a big gap between Dayton and Cincinnati, but it seems like there isn't a hole to be found in this kid's game so far.
    I'd think 2015 would be the absolute earliest he could be ready to be an everyday player in a best case scenario.
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd think 2015 would be the absolute earliest he could be ready to be an everyday player in a best case scenario.
    This. Full year in Dayton. Then promote him aggressively next year if the performance warrants it.

Do you think he starts next year in high A or AA?

This is assuming he continues to hit well this year.

Turn Off Ads?