Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What TV show would you like to see released that's not?

What TV show would you like to see released that's not?

For example,...

For me, it's the Second Season of "Here Come the Brides". Sony owns it, and for whatever reason, they won't release it, despite high demand and letter writing over the last 4 years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What TV show would you like to see released that's not?

As far as American shows go the only one I can think of is Relic Hunter starring Tia Carrere. I saw some epidodes here & there but missed most of them. Channel 19 used to show this at ~1am. this was back in the day prior to DVRs.

I am a big fan of classic manga & anime. Lots of early anime never made it to dvd. i saw a lot of it on laser disk back in the day. several of the classic giant robot & space mecha shows from the 1970s are absent on dvd. Mazinger Z comes to mind. also i'd love to see the original Cutey Honey anime from the 1970s. Cats Eye was a 1980s anime about three girls who were cat burglars & the cop who tried to catch them. Dirty Pair was a GREAT goofy 1980s anime. Only the later part of the series made it to dvd. Future Boy Conan was done by Hayo Myazaki (Spirited Away, Totoro & many others) in the 1970s. there are many many others. most of the anime on dvd is post 1990 which IMO is past the 'golden age' of anime.

Maybe some of the below are, but I haven't seen them anywhere. But older shows like.....

The Invaders (Thinnes)
    Mission Impossible
    Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
    Time Tunnel
    Hawaii 5-0
    Kojak
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
    I saw this somewhere because I mentioned it to my mom a few months ago - I want to say it was at Sam's...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The Jackie Thomas Show (tom arnold played an unfunny comedian who only became famous after marrying someone rich and famous)

Diff'rent Strokes (so far only seasons 1 and 2 are available)

Voyagers
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I own all of 0 TV series on DVD, but I do think it's criminal that The Wonder Years has never been released. As I understand it it's a music rights issue. I think the producers can't get the rights to all the songs they used in the show at the time and they refuse to redo them. I respect that, but it makes me sad and I wish they could get it settled somehow. Such a great show and I'd really enjoy seeing it through adult eyes this time.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I own all of 0 TV series on DVD, but I do think it's criminal that The Wonder Years has never been released. As I understand it it's a music rights issue. I think the producers can't get the rights to all the songs they used in the show at the time and they refuse to redo them. I respect that, but it makes me sad and I wish they could get it settled somehow. Such a great show and I'd really enjoy seeing it through adult eyes this time.
    they can get the rights for the music. however, it would just cost them so much money that it wouldn't be viable to put the series out on dvd. i understand the Drew Carrey Show has the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    they can get the rights for the music. however, it would just cost them so much money that it wouldn't be viable to put the series out on dvd. i understand the Drew Carrey Show has the same problem.

So did WKRP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Voyagers
    AMAZON LINK

very good show and very educational for children

Meeno's crying in each episode does become tiresome, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    AMAZON LINK

I wonder how many of the 972 minutes of Voyagers was taken up with Master Peluce's weeping.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Freaks and Geeks beat it, beavis and butthead can't

Zoinks!

I woul dlove to see Fernwood 2nite and America 2nite with Martin Mull and Fred Willard released. Oh and Mad Movies with The LA Connection...and Boris Karolff Presents: Thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    AMAZON LINK

Wow, had no idea it was available! Thanks!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Freaks and Geeks beat it, beavis and butthead can't
    Which is annoying, because as I've gotten older, the "music videos" part of Beavis & Butthead has become a lot funnier and the cartoon itself has lost almost all humor value.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?