Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oregon - Major Violations

Re: Oregon - Major Violations

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Well, you're not gonna get any sympathy from Ohio State fans, and since this is a Cincinnati Reds message board, you're gonna have to learn how to deal with them...
    I have learned....facts...they need to continually hear facts.... BTW, I reject the notion that the average Ohio State fan can't be objective.
    Last edited by jojo; 04-17-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Man, I really think you are THAT naive. I guess you think OJ was truly innocent too.
    I'm not naive. I have an opinioned based upon results of NCAA investigations.

It's just that you're so cynical you can't be rationally convinced.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm not naive. I have an opinioned based upon results of NCAA investigations.

It's just that you're so cynical you can't be rationally convinced.
    Right. OJ is innocent just like Auburn is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Right. OJ is innocent just like Auburn is innocent.
    Seriously it must be a miserable existence to be so jaded as to be incapable of being rationally convinced.

BTW, evoking OJ is a false equivalency. The NCAA focused their full investigative might toward Auburn and determined there was no evidence to even support a grand jury indictment.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Well, you're not gonna get any sympathy from Ohio State fans, and since this is a Cincinnati Reds message board, you're gonna have to learn how to deal with them...
    I'm going to defend jojo on this one.

A lot of the same Ohio State fans railed against Kentucky and John Calipari on this very board when Kentucky beat them in the Sweet 16 two years ago. The same fans turned Jim Tressel, who was actually implicated by the NCAA, into the second coming of Pete Rose.

There are people who love to write and have obvious biases. Kentucky has Pat Forde and Pete Thamel, Auburn has Selena Roberts.

As for Oregon, no shock. There were rumors swirling and he got out just as fast as Chip Kelly did. I hope the NCAA hits him with a show cause penalty if he bombs with the Eagles.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Seriously it must be a miserable existence to be so jaded as to be incapable of being rationally convinced.

BTW, evoking OJ is a false equivalency. The NCAA focused their full investigative might toward Auburn and determined there was no evidence to even support a grand jury indictment.
    It's not cynicism if it's warranted. Consistently major college athletic programs have proven to be lacking in integrity. Forgive those who follow the evidence to its logical conclusion.

Does this mean Auburn is definitively guilty? No. But there are myriad ways to demonstrate a program has been less than scrupulous, NCAA sanctions being somewhere near the bottom. Members of the actual team have come forward with accusations. What is your logic for dismissing these claims?

By all means, return to condescending to other posters with your NCAA evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    It's not cynicism if it's warranted. Consistently major college athletic programs have proven to be lacking in integrity. Forgive those who follow the evidence to its logical conclusion.

Does this mean Auburn is definitively guilty? No. But there are myriad ways to demonstrate a program has been less than scrupulous, NCAA sanctions being somewhere near the bottom. Members of the actual team have come forward with accusations. What is your logic for dismissing these claims?

By all means, return to condescending to other posters with your NCAA evidence.
    Make a list and lets actually discuss specifics.... you can't come close to anything resembling a myriad by the way.

And there is absolutely nothing condescending about calling a spade a spade.

It would be neat if we could avoid discussing Auburn in nearly every thread that has anything to do with college football.

In other words, try to bring it back to discussing the topic at hand. If you wish to discuss Auburn further, start a new thread or there's a perfectly good SEC football thread on this very board.

Thanks.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

10. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    It would be neat if we could avoid discussing Auburn in nearly every thread that has anything to do with college football.

In other words, try to bring it back to discussing the topic at hand. If you wish to discuss Auburn further, start a new thread or there's a perfectly good SEC football thread on this very board.

Thanks.
    Exactly. I know I've said this before, so there's no reason another moderator should have to, too.

To be fair, the player at the center of the Oregon recruiting/booster scandal was their best player in the 2010 BCS championship game, a championship people label as illegitimate because of alleged cheating. It's not like this was a tortured tangent.

To be fair, the player at the center of the Oregon recruiting/booster scandal was their best player in the 2010 BCS championship game, a championship people label as illegitimate because of alleged cheating. It's not like this was a tortured tangent.
    The bulk of the last ~15 posts had more to do with Auburn than the recent news about Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    The bulk of the last ~15 posts had more to do with Auburn than the recent news about Oregon.
    Please delete all comments referencing Auburn if you feel it was a hijack. Obviously your opinion is the final say so Im certainly not going to argue.

I'm not going to do that, but I, along with dabvu2498, am again asking people to start a new thread on the topic if that's what they'd like to discuss. Enough threads have been hijacked by the topic to tell me there's enough interest, so I'd rather that discussion go in a new thread created for that discussion than to continually hijack mostly or completely unrelated threads.

Turn Off Ads?