Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mitch Williams may be the worst announcer Ive ever heard

Mitch Williams may be the worst announcer Ive ever heard

So far, ive heard him say that a closer is more valuable bc he has an impact on more games. Yeah mitch, we should definitely use Chapman as a closer

Also, insinuating that fred lewis would have caught a fly ball but dropped it because he used two hands and couldnt get full extension. Is this guy for real? It hit him in his damn glove, if he extended any further itd hit him in the forearm genius.

Idk where they find these guys. Im almost convinced that a lot of players at the major league level are just idiot savants with no real understanding of the sport.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-23-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mitch Williams may be the worst announcer Ive ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    So far, ive heard him say that a closer is more valuable bc he has an impact on more games. Yeah mitch, we should definitely use Chapman as a closer

Also, insinuating that fred lewis would have caught a fly ball but dropped it because he used two hands and couldnt get full extension. Is this guy for real? It him in his damn glove, if he extended any further itd hit him in the forearm genius.

Idk where they find these guys. Im almost convinced that a lot of players at the major league level are just idiot savants with no real understanding of the sport.
    I can't stand this guy from MLB Network, everything he ever says has to revolve around himself and when he played.

BAKER12

Chapman reminds him of himself. Guys always like players that are similar to their own skill set. Exception being Larry Bowa who likes no one modern.

Remember, he said he played in a game in 1993 and it was 177 degrees (I swear he said that today), so he must have severe brain damage, cut him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Remember, he said he played in a game in 1993 and it was 177 degrees (I swear he said that today), so he must have severe brain damage, cut him a break.
    When they had Tim Hudson in the booth as well, his biggest question for him was "If you were leaving a game in the 8th inning, would you rather have Kimbrel close it out, or me?"

Also, Todd Fraziers little league world series home run was huge because he lived 60 miles from where it happened, so he knew it was huge because it happened close to where he lived.

Maybe the 177 degree game could explain why the freak was wearing dress shoes on mlb network one night with no socks, lol.

Not his cup of tea.

But then again remember that Fox uses Tim McCarver as their #1 analysist. That ought to tell you something about their judgment about who to put on the air.

BAKER12

Has Welsh ever done a Fox game?
    The Tigers and Twins had Tigers guy Rod Allen today
    George Grande seems like he'd be a perfect FOX PBP guy, knows everyone in baseball, never says a bad word and is always upbeat even in a blowout

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    Not his cup of tea.

But then again remember that Fox uses Tim McCarver as their #1 analysist. That ought to tell you something about their judgment about who to put on the air.
    I heard McCarver say the other that whoever was pitching that day -- I forget who it was -- turned his back to the plate more than any other pitcher in the bigs today -- but it was not even close to what Cueto is doing now
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Mitch is pretty bad. Tommy Boy does a much better job on the national broadcasts than the Reds' games, IMO. He's not as overly critical and as opinionated. Much easier to listen to.

got alil captain in u?

I didn't think mitch williams was that terrible personally i've heard alot worse. McCarver tops my list of guys i'd rather not listen to if i had a choice.

Mitch Williams may be the worst announcer Ive ever heard
    What you never listened to Joe Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    What you never listened to Joe Morgan?
    Good point. Forgot about him cause i havent heard him do a game in a while now. He's another person that listening to him talk about the game just leaves me mesmerized that he was so unbelievably great as a player.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Good point. Forgot about him cause i havent heard him do a game in a while now. He's another person that listening to him talk about the game just leaves me more mesmerized that he was so unbelievably great as a player.
    Did you guys ever hear Tom Hume announce a game for the Reds? Almost total slience.

BAKER12

Mark Grace adds nothing to Diamondbacks games other than calling his broadcast partner continually by his full name. Sutton on the other hand is really good.
    "Daron Sutton that was a great play"
    "Daron Sutton let's go jump in the pool"
    "Daron Sutton Kirk Gibson played all out"
    "Daron Sutton I'm gonna smoke some Camels before the next inning"

Turn Off Ads?