Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    The main reason I think Lebron is leaving Cleveland is that the Cavs aren't getting dramatically better any time soon. There's no Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, David Lee coming to the Cavs. That team you saw this week is the team Lebron's would be playing with, although likely with a new coach and without Shaq. To me it looked like Lebron has had about enough of playing with that those guys, whether that's fair or not.

I'm not sure if the Knicks would be any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

The first shoe dropped in trying to keep James in Cleveland. Mike Brown was fired today according to WFAN. Cleveland will hire any coach that King James wants. Get ready for those Cal rumors Kentucky fans.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm not sure if the Knicks would be any better.
    First off ... I'm a Knicks fan and I don't totally disagree with your statement. Except tha the Knicks have enough room under the cap to sign two max players and a compliment player.

They could basically let LeBron choose his deputy (Bosh, Joe Johnson) ... however the Knicks badly need a point guard and I don't see that solution being solved anytime soon.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Where all great players end up eventually: the LA Clippers.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    First off ... I'm a Knicks fan and I don't totally disagree with your statement. Except tha the Knicks have enough room under the cap to sign two max players and a compliment player.

They could basically let LeBron choose his deputy (Bosh, Joe Johnson) ... however the Knicks badly need a point guard and I don't see that solution being solved anytime soon.
    The Knicks have sure put all their eggs in the Lebron basket. If they miss on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, they are in a terrible situation. I don't think overpaying Joe Johnson would go over very well.

The Knicks have sure put all their eggs in the Lebron basket. If they miss on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, they are in a terrible situation. I don't think overpaying Joe Johnson would go over very well.
    I don't think they will overpay for Johnson. They may sign him, but not for max. They're finally out of cap hell, and Curry comes off in 2011. I think they'd turn their attention to bringing in some solid players and making a play for Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul. Donnie Walsh won't just throw the cash away.

I don't think they will overpay for Johnson. They may sign him, but not for max. They're finally out of cap hell, and Curry comes off in 2011. I think they'd turn their attention to bringing in some solid players and making a play for Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul in 2011. Donnie Walsh won't just throw the cash away.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The first shoe dropped in trying to keep James in Cleveland. Mike Brown was fired today according to WFAN. Cleveland will hire any coach that King James wants. Get ready for those Cal rumors Kentucky fans.
    Mike Brown gets Doug Colllins'ed. Calipari is no Phil Jackson.

Cal isn't leaving UK this soon but nothing is going to stop the rumors.

Cal is a coach... he has coached in the NBA... Cal and LeBron are friends...

the rumors basically write themselves.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Cal isn't leaving UK this soon but nothing is going to stop the rumors.

Cal is a coach... he has coached in the NBA... Cal and LeBron are friends...

the rumors basically write themselves.
    Yeah, it's all rumors, but I think that's a little naive. You're probably right, but I don't really see why WWW would become an agent for coaches just for the fun of it.

Cal isn't leaving UK this soon
    Why would you expect him to stay? He's not going to leave for another college job. And I doubt he's going to leave for any other NBA job anytime soon. But the chance to be Lebron's hand-picked coach? That would have to make you think.

And even if it doesn't work out, he'd make tons of money and could go back to college and make tons more. He could recruit a top 5 class to NJIT.

Everyone will just have to remain patient and let things play out.

Everyone will just have to remain patient and let things play out.

I was wrong
    Chip is right

After weighing it all day and listening to people chime in from Chris Broussard to Avery Johnson on Mike and Mike this morning to the 1st take guys I have to admit for the 1st time I am starting to believe he may leave Cleveland. This whole time (the past few seasons really) I have not budged from my stance that he isn't going anywhere. I just didn't see how he could live with the ramifications of pretty much destroying an entire city, and not just any city but one so close to his home. But again weighing just a small portion of this for me is quite telling. A guy grows up in Akron, is an Ohio State fan but also likes the NYY's and the Dallas Cowboys and patterns his game after Magic and Michael? Sounds an awful lot like a front runner to me, wouldn't surprise me to hear he liked Michigan before OSU's resurgence with Tressel and Matta coming aboard.

I really don't think he'll be the least bit afraid of Michaels legacy in Chicago. But he did say it's about winning for him and unless Cleveland does something dramatic to improve their talent level he is gone IMO. They have to sign Bosh (trade and sign I think, don't know their cap issues) and/or deal for Amare Stoudamire (SP?) at minimum. And find a coach that keeps their defense working but improves their offense. That is some serious work that I am not so sure they believe they need to do. Will they screw this all up by taking it for granted that he will come back, could be.

Right now I am still leaning slightly to staying home though with conditions. If he leaves I doubt it's anywhere else but Chicago or NJ. The Knicks really aren't set up to win with or without him for at least a another season or 2 and I don't see him wanting to wait. The Nets have the #1 pick, plenty of cap room for multiple players and a Mark Cuban like owner and soon they will be in Brooklyn. Chicago is the team with the cap space and a real chance to compete this coming season with him in the fold. I am a Bulls fan so I can't say it wouldn't be cool to have him but right now I'm torn on where he ends up landing. If D wade were to go to Chicago (even though he is adamant he's going nowhere) then Miami could become a possible destination as well.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Chicago or Cleveland. There is no way he goes to the Knicks IMO.

Turn Off Ads?