Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lets play would you trade..

Lets play would you trade..

Would you trade Bruce for Pence? for Longoria?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lets play would you trade..

Quote Originally Posted by ezluke View Post
    Would you trade Bruce for Pence? for Longoria?
    Bruce for Pence is a tough one. I like Bruce more, but the facts seem to indicate that they are a pretty even match. Differences are slight. Bruce might be a bit better defensively, Pence might hit for a slightly higher average. Power is similar, both are good defensively. Kind of comes down to two things in my mind. Pence is a righty, Bruce is a lefty. Which works best for the Reds lineup going forward? And the homegrown talent factor. For the Reds Bruce is a guy they drafted and until a guy wears out his welcome, I think organizations want to hold onto their guys. For Houston, Bruce is literally a hometown boy. I only make this trade if the Reds think that several lefty prospects like Alonso and Francisco are going to play for the Reds in the next few years and they need to balance out with a righthanded bat AND the Astros will throw in another piece or two into the trade(which they might be willing to do to get the hometown boy).

Bruce for Longoria? I do that right now without hesitation.

Turn Off Ads?