Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is running this team and what is it's Plan?

Who is running this team and what is it's Plan?

Lets see you bench Heisey for most of the season and play the non hitting Gomes. You trade Gomes and bring up one of your most highly reguarded prospects to sit the bench? Really this makes no sense and goes back to the MAIN problem with this franchise, WHO IS RUNNING THIS TEAM?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is running this team and what is it's Plan?

I believe a man by the name of Mr. Walt Jocketty is running this team.

Are you suggesting that we called up Alonso to take the place of Jay Bruce, Drew Stubbs, or Chris Heisey? Really?

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

No he is saying why call up a prospect to just have him on the bench and not start.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Are you suggesting that we called up Alonso to take the place of Jay Bruce, Drew Stubbs, or Chris Heisey? Really?
    I put Alonso in LF and see what the kid can do. What do you want to do with our top prospect...have him ride the pine and PH?

he will play just not everyday. my guess he starts 2mrrow.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I put Alonso in LF and see what the kid can do. What do you want to do with our top prospect...have him ride the pine and PH?
    I would argue that Alonso is not our top prospect. I think Mes is better. But I agree with the point. No point in bringing him up to let him sit.

While I don't always agree with the lineup that Dusty runs out there, I feel like no one is ever going to be satisfied. People on here were complaining about the lack of playing time that Heisey was getting. Now it looks as if he is going to get the majority of the starts in left and we're complaining about Yonder not starting? Let's not forget that Yonder is not, by any means, a left fielder and if he is up here to be "showcased" as so many think he is, why let teams in on that flaw? Let him get his at bats when we can, but by no means should Dusty play him just because he's the new toy. Just my two cents of course but I certainly think Chris Heisey is the best option, by far, in left field right now. Let's go Redlegs!

Here is a quote from Kenny Williams on sitting Alex Rios: "Here's what I told Ozzie: Do not worry about the size of the contract," Williams said. "Just worry about putting the players (on the field) on a given day that can help you win. I'm sending a message to everyone."

It would be nice if our management had this approach!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Maybe they brought up Alonso to dangle Votto for a trade? I doubt it myself.
    More likely to showcase Alonso.

As another poster pointed out in the game thread, we have a fly ball pitcher on the mound tonight so that factors into the decision. Run your best defensive OF out there.

Still though, Heisey is going to get his shot as the everyday LFer (which is what I have read many on here say they wanted). Stubbs is our immediate plan for CF, and our future. He plays. Jay Bruce is our immediate plan in RF, and our future since we signed him to a new contract.

We didn't call up Alonso to be thrown into the starting lineup every night, I'm really surprised you read it that way. He was called up because Gomes was traded and we'll get a chance to see how he plays. He's a power LH bat off of the bench and we didn't have one.

I do not see any real future in Cincinnati for Alonso because of the guys ahead of him. Unless someone is traded obviously. We aren't going to blow the whole thing up at this moment, not sure why you think we would.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    While I don't always agree with the lineup that Dusty runs out there, I feel like no one is ever going to be satisfied. People on here were complaining about the lack of playing time that Heisey was getting. Now it looks as if he is going to get the majority of the starts in left and we're complaining about Yonder not starting? Let's not forget that Yonder is not, by any means, a left fielder and if he is up here to be "showcased" as so many think he is, why let teams in that flaw? Let him get his at bats when we can, but by no means should Dusty play him just because he's the new toy. Just my two cents of course but I certainly think Chris Heisey is the best option, by far, in left field right now. Let's go Redlegs!
    If you are not going to play your top prospect, having him sit on the bench doesn't help his growth. He needs to play and learn, what reason would the Reds have for bringing him up, our "bench" play is one of our strengths. Trust me teams have been scouting Yonder in the minors, they know what his strengths are and what his weaknesses are already.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    tough to be "showcased" on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Probably both. We don't need to bench a starter and throw Alonso out there to showcase him though. To the point where it annoys a lot of people, everyone should know that if you are on Dusty Baker's team you will play. He makes sure of that.

tough to be "showcased" on the bench
    It's his second game up here this year. I think this is a bit of an overreaction.

He will play.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Alonso has been absolutely crushing the ball at AAA.You mean he dont deserve to start after toiling away in the Reds snails pace minors.We need a spark,and Yonder could be just that.Look around MLB and see the young talent doing well for their ballclubs when given the chance.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Turn Off Ads?