Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1105

Thread: 9/18/13 Reds v. Astros

Re: 9/18/13 Reds v. Astros

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Most active threads on RZ in 2013:

1. Cards @ Reds 9/4/13 (we lost 5-4): 1283 posts
    2. Cards @ Reds 6/9/13 (we lost 11-4): 1080 posts
    3. This one, now at 1073 posts. We win 6-5 over Houston.
    And, with this 1081st post, we're now the 2nd most active thread of the year.

Congratulations one and all, unrivaled complainers and moaners that we joyfully are.

And, to all, a very good night. I need to rest up for the drive from DC to Pittsburgh.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Had to fight for this one against a AA team, but a lot of that was because the Reds started Reynolds, had to burn the bullpen, and all that. So they'll get into The Burgh tired and with a depleted bullpen. Silly. Regardless, I'm up too late and stayed up to the very end, which us my custom. Hamilton was great, but he was playing against his fellow minor league contemporaries. The jury is still out. The performance by Ludwick, Frazier, and Meseroco was not good. And yet they won. Good. They end up 4-2 on the road series so far.. A series win at Pittsburgh would be nice.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The only "depleted" member of the bullpen is going to be Simon. Nobody else threw an inordinate abount of innings, especially given the off day.

Besides, it'll all be irrelevant when Latos and Bailey go 7-8 innings each and shut down the dirty Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    A series win at Pittsburgh would be nice.
    They need to think sweep. The Pirates are reeling. And hope the Cards lose a few. This division race is not over. That playin game will be won by the hot pitcher, no matter where its played- see 1999, Leiter, Al. Focus on catching the Cards.

6. Likes:

redsmetz (09-19-2013)

"So Fla Red"

The pen should be fine for the Pittsurgh series.

If we need a heavy dose of Simon or Logan on Friday or Saturday then it really doesn't matter and better off going out to the clubs or watching football. Actually if it keeps Logan safely away from the Fri/Sat games then this was some brilliant strategy.

I like Plan A which is having Latos and Bailey go into the 8th/9th innings.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The pen should be fine for the Pittsurgh series.

If we need a heavy dose of Simon or Logan on Friday or Saturday then it really doesn't matter and better off going out to the clubs or watching football. Actually if it keeps Logan safely away from the Fri/Sat games then this was some brilliant strategy.

I like Plan A which is having Latos and Bailey go into the 8th/9th innings.
    Pirates are swinging the bats about as bad as the Astros right now. No reason why our starters shouldn't dominate.

9. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-19-2013),WVRedsFan (09-19-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Finally home. Wow...I'm beat. No chance I was leaving early though. Way to get that sweep fellas! Heck of a night for Hamilton and a heck of a SERIES for Jay. Keep it rollin' boys. I'm going to bed. *yawn*

3 for 3. It's up to someone else now. :O)

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-19-2013),KittyDuran (09-19-2013),NebraskaRed (09-19-2013),Roy Tucker (09-19-2013),Tom Servo (09-19-2013),traderumor (09-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Finally home. Wow...I'm beat. No chance I was leaving early though. Way to get that sweep fellas! Heck of a night for Hamilton and a heck of a SERIES for Jay. Keep it rollin' boys. I'm going to bed. *yawn*

3 for 3. It's up to someone else now. :O)
    I say we chip in and buy you a ticket to Pittsburgh. Keep the streak going.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Said that last night. Tickets, hotel, airfare, and food shouldn't cost usore than $10 a member. Worth it and if we're all broke like me, he can stay at my mother in laws place. He might never speak to me again, but it's cheap
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    They need to think sweep. The Pirates are reeling. And hope the Cards lose a few. This division race is not over. That playin game will be won by the hot pitcher, no matter where its played- see 1999, Leiter, Al. Focus on catching the Cards.
    Yep. A Nats sweep and a Reds sweep over the Pirates all of the sudden makes the Nats-Cards games next week potentially troublesome for St Louis

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post

Hoes beating the Reds down again...
    Post of the night.

At the time of the post, the Red had won the first 2 games of the series, were never trailing at any time, and had outscored the Astros 20-4.

I am sleepy, but the win and the off day ought to help. The Reds get to sleep in and wake up in a cushy, posh hotel, I had to get up and take a kid to school. NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR

Another thought, I hope the weather doesn't bail out the plank walking Pirates, a lot of rain in the forecast for a large swath of the country this weekend.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    send the donations to my Bermuda bank account -- I'll forward it

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I'm gonna go get the papers.....get the papers.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I was there, too. It was grueling. Got there at 5 to watch batting practice. Left after midnight. Had seats right at field level near the Reds dugout, because some season ticket holder had his fill and sold his tickets on Stubhub. Had a better time chatting with the security guards than watching the Reds for most of the extra innings. Around the 10th inning, we got to see some truly drunk, obnoxious Astros fans get ejected. Good times.

I picked the wrong night to stay in a hotel in the suburbs rather than my usual Priceline-discounted Hilton that's a few blocks from the stadium.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 09-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?