Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2012-2013

Re: Winter 2012-2013

Priorities:

1. Re-sign Ludwick. He played extremely well once his BABIP normalized. He has to love the idea of hitting in GABP between Votto and Bruce. Obviously, the OF market is thin and he will command a lot of cash. I'd be comfortable offering him $20m/3yr.

2. Re-sign Broxton. Though I still think the Reds overpaid in that deal, the Marshall-Broxton-Chapman combo worked extremely effectively down the stretch. If he can be had affordably, the Reds should do it. If not, talk to Ryan Madson about trying again at a discounted rate and slide him into the 8th inning role.

3. Leadoff hitter/CF. I think this is unlikely. Unless someone like Victorino or DeJesus can be had, I doubt the Reds make a move and just wait til Billy Hamilton is ready to assume these roles.

4. Bench. Cairo is gone and one would hope he would be replaced with Rodriguez.

5. Starting Rotation. If an offer presents itself, go for it. If not, don't worry about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by stfm965 View Post
    Priorities:

1. Re-sign Ludwick. He played extremely well once his BABIP normalized. He has to love the idea of hitting in GABP between Votto and Bruce. Obviously, the OF market is thin and he will command a lot of cash. I'd be comfortable offering him $20m/3yr.

2. Re-sign Broxton. Though I still think the Reds overpaid in that deal, the Marshall-Broxton-Chapman combo worked extremely effectively down the stretch. If he can be had affordably, the Reds should do it. If not, talk to Ryan Madson about trying again at a discounted rate and slide him into the 8th inning role.

3. Leadoff hitter/CF. I think this is unlikely. Unless someone like Victorino or DeJesus can be had, I doubt the Reds make a move and just wait til Billy Hamilton is ready to assume these roles.

4. Bench. Cairo is gone and one would hope he would be replaced with Rodriguez.

5. Starting Rotation. If an offer presents itself, go for it. If not, don't worry about it.
    Totally agree.

I don't see a cheaper deal for cleanup than Luddy.

Big questions in off season. Mes, Fraizer, Cozart, Paul, D Nar, H Rod, and Flying Billy. Pitching Chappy, Ry-Mad, Nick, and Logan.

BP, Votto, Luddy, Bruce have a killer year in 2013.

Here's a crazy idea:

Michael Young from the Rangers. He's 36 but in a contract year. He's expensive but can spell Votto, Phillips, Frazier, Ludwick and Bruce and can be a proven leader with experience.

What happpens with Navarro, Hannigan, and Mesoraco?

Quote Originally Posted by Calten View Post
    What happpens with Navarro, Hannigan, and Mesoraco?
    Mesoraco progresses (a lot) and hits .275 with 15 homeruns

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I think Gregorius replaces Valdez.

Possible that Rodriguez replaces Cairo.

That gives an additional two LH/SH bats right there.

Hopefully Jocketty could acquire another legit LH OF bat while re-signing Ludwick.
    Last edited by malcontent; 10-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Never thought I'd say this but the Reds need to lock Homer in with a long term contract

Sign Youkilis and Bourn.
    Idk how realistic this trade is but Leake for Willingham

Bourn CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Willingham LF
    Bruce RF
    Youkilis 3B
    Hanigan C
    Cozart SS
    pitcher

We need a good lead off hitter but we really need another power hitter, specifically a right hander.

Go hard after Ellsbury.

Ludwick has had 2 good seasons his entire career. He'll want a long term deal and will play poorly for the rest of it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Sign Youkilis and Bourn.
    Idk how realistic this trade is but Leake for Willingham

Bourn CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Willingham LF
    Bruce RF
    Youkilis 3B
    Hanigan C
    Cozart SS
    pitcher

We need a good lead off hitter but we really need another power hitter,
    specifically a right hander.
    It would take more than Leake to get Willingham.

I would like to see the Reds take a run at Gerardo Parra. I think he is going to be a solid centerfielder.

I saw the D'Backs were going to shop Parra and Jason Kubel in hopes of trading one for a shortstop or third basemen. Would love to have Parra, as he puts up good AB's and plays great defense, with a great arm. Would they take Gregorious for him?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I'd pass on Parra. Career 0.732 OPS.

.280 .332 .400 .732

Same with DeJesus.

.281 .355 .419 .774

I want to see a second LH bat actually capable of reaching the RF stands.

Because, right now, Bruce is it.

Turn Off Ads?