Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could have any job in the world...

If you could have any job in the world...

Would you be President of the United States? A Fortune 500 CEO? An entrepreneur? General Manager of a baseball team?

What would it be and why?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If you could have any job in the world...

Great question.

My dream job would involve golf, which is my career now, but it would be on a higher level.

Obviously, I'd love to be on the PGA Tour, but if I wasn't out there I'd like to be a golf course designer. I think it'd be fascinating to watch a golf course built from scratch.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Same one I've got now.......teaching high school. I'd just pay myself a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Same one I've got now.......teaching high school. I'd just pay myself a whole lot better.
    I'll trade you.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court

You get a job for life and a chance to influence the ways the laws in this country are developed. Plus, you live relatively free from the circus and spotlight that surrounds most political jobs and can actually have a life off the bench (Justice Thomas goes out in an RV during the summer, stopping at random campsites and just blending in with people. He's, apparently, rarely recognized.).

That'd be my dream job.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

PGA tour is an obvious answer for me. Only problem is I am about as far away from that as I can get. Playing for the Reds would be a close second.

Latex salesman.

Assuming money isn't an object, I'd be a high school football coach. I've always been a bigger fan of the high school game than any other level.
    Last edited by guttle11; 01-27-2009 at 07:40 PM.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

I actually would love to be an imagineer but don't have the talent.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Public address announcer at Great American Ballpark.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Senor Votto

MLB Left Fielder. But chances are the fans would hate me more than Juan Castro and Corey Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

Kickboxing, sport of the future.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

For me, either world-class pianist or guitarist.

Second choice, SS for your Cincinnati Reds.

Truly dream jobs because I haven't .001% of the talent necessary to do either of those things.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post

Make it happen Lloyd Dobbler.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Food and travel critic. You know, those guys who stay at the fancy Bahama resort then throw a review in some magazine. Seriously what could be better?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?