Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida just destroyed Ohio State

Re: Florida just destroyed Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Your thread title tells me you already did.
    Obviously one game means more to some who find winnng difficult to experience vs the rest of us who are use to our teams winning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Obviously one game means more to some who find winnng difficult to experience vs the rest of us who are use to our teams winning.

Seriously, this whole UC/OSU spat needs to stop.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I am a huge OSU fan and I did not expect OSU to win this game today unless they played a near perfect game. That did not happen, and actually Florida had the near perfect game.

OSU has been overrated this entire season. They are currently not a Top 5 team. Top 10, probably. Top 15 more likely.

Greg Oden is simply not in game shape yet. It really showed today. He was lumbering up and down the court in the 2nd half and even did not go after a few help blocks that he normally gets. He is also playing left handed. That can not be understated. He can not grip a ball with his right hand. Imagine how much less effective Horford and Noah would be if they were playing Oden with their opposite hand and Oden was 100% healthy.

Also, OSU simply has yet to figure out how to play offense with Oden in the game. At the beginning of the year they played a wide open run and gun game that worked with the team they had at the time.

By the end of the season, OSU will be a #2 seed and will be a very tough out. Teams like Florida, Kansas, UCLA, and North Carolina who have 2 or 3 big men will give OSU fits. Oden simply can not guard all of them.
    You saved me tons of typing. I love our team, think they have a great talent level and broight future, but I have never ever bought into us having a ranking anywhere near Florida's at this time. I thought there was a chance we could play with the Gators but those first several shots needed to fall like they did against UNC. Oden definitely had not had to face the type of bigs at this level that he did today.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    OSU's success is almost entirely dependent on whether they are making outside shots. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen them attack the rim or feed the post.

Oden will probably not have any 25 point games this year b/c he just doesn't get the ball enough.
    Lewis and Conley do a really nice job taking the ball to the hoop typically. Lewis especially seemed to have troubles completing the play when he got in there. But yeah, the young team is having some trouble with their offensive identity I think now that Oden's back. But they'll get there.
    Last edited by bucksfan; 12-23-2006 at 10:53 PM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Right now, it looks like Ohio State's best non-conference win is going to be UC, which has a bit of twisted irony to it. If I was an Ohio State fan, I'd be rooting hard for Wisconsin to be a dominant team. They at least have two cracks against Wisconsin to put up a great win.
    They'll have another shot at a decent NC win Jan-13 vs. the Vols. Lofton sure went off today.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post

Seriously, this whole UC/OSU spat needs to stop.
    I assume that goes for the mods, also?

With Florida whipping OSU so badly...geez...how bad is UC then?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I'm one of the biggest Ohio State fans on this board, but I have no problem at all admitting when my team got it's butt whopped and today they got thier butts WHOPPED.

Very, very impressive display by the Gators. In that second half, they could have turned around and closed their eyes and still would have found the bucket.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    With Florida whipping OSU so badly...geez...how bad is UC then?
    Let it go. Let it go.

UC put up a nice win today. Ohio State needs Cincinnati to do well, and vice versa. The name of the game is RPI, and strength of schedule. You can bet that Mick Cronin hasn't given up on the idea of postseason play, even if his fan base has.

Florida showed Ohio State what a good team looks like today. Give the OSU crew time, I think they will look similar come tourney time. OSU couldn't buy a basket, and Oden was obviously fatigued. They looked like a group of freshman today.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 12-23-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

One might think that they would refrain from igniting such flawed misdirection’s with superfluous exaggerations with inflammatory and provocative intent in a baiting manner such as the intent in using terms “destroyed”. I hope this doesn’t mean that we will have to go to administrative arbitrations with this. Hello GIK, do you see that thread etc.."Florida just destroyed Ohio State" by one with an axe to grind.

Absolutely.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Best thing to happen to the Baby Bucks. They needed the whoopin' to grow.

Time to attack the Big Ten.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    One might think that they would refrain from igniting such flawed misdirection’s with superfluous exaggerations with inflammatory and provocative intent in a baiting manner such as the intent in using terms “destroyed”. I hope this doesn’t mean that we will have to go to administrative arbitrations with this. Hello GIK, do you see that thread etc.."Florida just destroyed Ohio State" by one with an axe to grind.
    The AP headline was "Florida crushes Ohio State", so I guess they've got an axe to grind too, right?

That's what you get with freshmen. Some days they play amazing and other days they get get crushed. Florida handed it to OSU today and I think the team needed it. My friend and I were talking last week about how we thought OSU needed to get beaten soundly by somebody so they won't be full of themselves going into the tough Big 10 schedule. I think Florida was able to fully exploit OSU's weaknesses like no other team has this year. If OSU can take this loss and use it as a learning tool and motivator I think they can do really well in the Big 10. If this just foreshadows they gameplan of how a team can beat OSU then it could be a long rest of the season. I have a feeling with Matta it will be the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    That's what you get with freshmen. Some days they play amazing and other days they get get crushed. Florida handed it to OSU today and I think the team needed it. My friend and I were talking last week about how we thought OSU needed to get beaten soundly by somebody so they won't be full of themselves going into the tough Big 10 schedule. I think Florida was able to fully exploit OSU's weaknesses like no other team has this year. If OSU can take this loss and use it as a learning tool and motivator I think they can do really well in the Big 10. If this just foreshadows they gameplan of how a team can beat OSU then it could be a long rest of the season. I have a feeling with Matta it will be the former.
    Yep, I draw parallels to some of the UC teams of the recent past, Louisville would thump them in the first game in a rout, and by the time the second game rolled around, they were prepared and beat Louisville. Teams dependant on Jucos and Freshmen take awhile to hit their strides, and getting thumped is part of the growth that is necessary to succeed.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?