Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...-let-me-go.asp

Chad Johnson's efforts to manufacture a trade from the Bengals hit full stride today when he took his complaints with the Bengals national on the Mike & Mike radio show on ESPN.

"I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt," he said. "Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself (make the playoffs), I think you need to get rid of the problem.

"It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense."
    Also, Mike Zimmer is the leading candidate to replace Bresnahan. He does have experience in the 3-4 and the Bengals are looking to go that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chad Johnson hints at trade demand

Crybaby.

He's definitely pandering/whining, but he does have a point. He's not the real problem on that team, just the scapegoat.

I saw the interview. It had Drew Rosenthal's slimy fingerprints all over it.

They also played a clip of Carson talking about how Chad wants a new contract. What the hell?!?! He just signed a lucrative, long-term extension!
    Last edited by WMR; 01-12-2008 at 01:16 AM.

BTW: Mike and Mike are so lame. They've never met a softball question they didn't lob right over the plate. They were also shilling "The Roast of Mike and Mike," where ESPN employees and sports figures would "roast" them. Who would honestly care about seeing those two roasted??? Best way to roast them: Tell them how much their show sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Crybaby.
    Yeah right. Chad has been bashed all year by "fans" and media. There are about 50 players on this squad that deserve blame before Chad and yet he gets all of the blame. I don't blame him for speaking up.

Too many people that follow football these days have little knowledge of the game. I've got tickets in the end zone and I'm about to let them go. It's amazing how quick people are willing to turn on players like Chad when things get rough. Fans should be willing to stick behind Chad when things are rough and not dog him when the rest of the team fails.

It's the same sad story in Cincinnati. Fans in this city continue to bash the best players and ruin the best sports figures we have in the name of "hustle" and "attitude". Cincinnati sports fans are still in the Pete Rose mindset for players and it shows with the way Griffey and Chad Johnson have been treated at times in Cincy. Talents like this don't come along often and instead of being supported they are trashed at any sign of failure from the team. Same ol Cincy.

This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

When you act like an ass after scoring a touchdown while your TEAM is completely out of the playoff picture, expect some flack to come your way.

Completely forgotten about his hissy fit during the playoff loss to the Steelers?

It's called acting like a professional.

Teams adopt the mindset of their best players. Look no further than Indianapolis or New England.

When you act like an ass after scoring a touchdown while your TEAM is completely out of the playoff picture, expect some flack to come your way.

Completely forgotten about his hissy fit during the playoff loss to the Steelers?

It's called acting like a professional.

Teams adopt the mindset of their best players. Look no further than Indianapolis or New England.
    His last touchdown before Miami was against Tennessee in week 12. His next td was in week 17 when he scored three touchdowns and didn't celebrate. So when again did he celebrate when his team was "completely" out of the playoffs? I guess he was supposed to quit having fun because the team had seven losses. It's comments like this that make no sense. People expect Chad to have fun and show passion when things are going perfect. If things aren't going perfect he is just being a showboat and wanting attention.

Hissy fit against the Steelers? TJ said that he was more vocal than Chad during that halftime and Chad was just getting heat because of his popularity.

Chad isn't perfect by any means, but he isn't deserving of of the crap he takes. If you want to blame anyone on this team you should blame the defense and the whole Oline. Hell, Carson is more to blame than Chad.

Belichick traded for Randy Moss and Corey Dillon, I doubt he cares about all the stuff whiny WLW fans and the media talk about. If you are expecting a WR to be a team leader you are sorely mistaken, it's not his job. His job is to produce and he does a damn good job of doing that.
    Last edited by Cedric; 01-12-2008 at 02:34 AM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

BTW: Mike and Mike are so lame. They've never met a softball question they didn't lob right over the plate. They were also shilling "The Roast of Mike and Mike," where ESPN employees and sports figures would "roast" them. Who would honestly care about seeing those two roasted??? Best way to roast them: Tell them how much their show sucks.
    Both Mikes are two of the genuinely nicer guys I've ever met in any capacities. One I met at a golf tourney (Golic), the other I ran into @ Stew Leonards (Greeny). Both were very engaging and seemed eager to engage with a fan of their show. Had a good, yet brief conversation with each of them.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I wish I could have gotten to AC this weekend to watch the both of them roasted. They're 8 years into a "gimmick" most thought wouldn't last. I guess they must be doing something right.

They might be the greatest guys in the world; that's great.

I just like good radio; they're the antithesis of that.

Ever heard Scott Ferrall? THAT'S what sports radio should sound like.

I listened to Mike and Mike once and I wanted to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger. Luckily for me, no gun was around, so I just turned off the radio.

You ever heard Scott Ferrall, AK?

He is a HUGE hockey guy. He's done Hockey Night in Canada and several other Canadian shows as well.

He's currently on Howard 101 on Sirius Satellite Radio. His show is a trip.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

They might be the greatest guys in the world; that's great.

I just like good radio; they're the antithesis of that.

Ever heard Scott Ferrall? THAT'S what sports radio should sound like.
    I know a Scott Farrell that works for US Bank, but I can't say that I've ever heard your chap. Apparently he does radio?

Anywho, for my money, Mike & Mike get it right. They aren't the best, but they certainly aren't the worst. All I know, is if I'm getting up when I don't need to get up @ 6 to catch their show, they've got to be doing something right. I consider it an acomplishment when I can catch all 4 hours of their show a day.

Unfortuntely, in Hartford I'm stuck with ESPN, or 660 AM out of NYC, and I can't stand NYC agendas. Which would you pick?

I would spring for Sirius Satellite Radio.

Here you go, HLman: www.scottferrall.com

Turn Off Ads?